Is this a scam? Wimberley Head MKII

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Would apreciate peoples feedback on this.

I posted in the classifieds section of another forum that i am looking for a Wimberley Head MKII.

I recieved an email from a gentlemen claiming to be based in Holland who just happened to have a brand new unused MKII available for 500 EURO. The problem is that his name rings a bell but i can't remember where from. I googled his name but nothing came back. My suspicions are that its a scam......

Thanks in advance

Andy

I would stick with gut feeling, if you are not happy about it then don't do it. Another will come along again and you can buy that one.

i was unsure about posting the name, could be seen as lible maybe? im not sure though. will post the name if mods have no objection

I would stick with gut feeling, if you are not happy about it then don't do it. Another will come along again and you can buy that one.

Hi Ringer, Im not going to buy it but if others can confirm if the seller is dodgy then we can warn other members

no idea how you expect any help - we don't know the name of the chap and can't see the listing and don't know the forum.

Why not post on the forum you actually have the Ad at rather than here - how do you expect us to help or comment?

I don't understand the point in this thread at all? :thinking::shrug:

It wasn't a reply in a thread only an email.

And i psoted in here rather than the other forum as im new to the other forum and the guy who emailed "could" be a genuine.

I don't understand the point in this thread at all?

I think if you read the thread you will find i mention that if its a scam i want to stop any members on here from getting done over.
The guys name is Druba K Sapota. (I will delete this if needed)

and he wants the money sent by western union?

if it is way cheaper than market price, its a scam no-doubt

The guys name is Druba K Sapota. (I will delete this if needed)

And why do you suspect he is a scammer?

Let me get this straight - you start a wanted thread on another forum, someone replies, and then you come here and query it?

I think your conduct is rather inappropriate personally, and I don't see how you think this post is helping anyone.

Do you generally distrust people with non-English sounding names?

Why would it be a scam, Andy? 500 Euros isn't exactly a giveaway "too good to be true" price. You could buy one from B&H in the USA for US$600, which is about 410 Euros.....

I think your conduct is rather inappropriate personally, and I don't see how you think this post is helping anyone.

Do you generally distrust people with non-English sounding names?

Ok Puddleduck i have clearly offended you. i am sorry for this.

from the other reply's on the thread it is clear i made a mistake posting this thread.

I use a kirk king cobra head for my 6oomm and i love it i prefered it over the wimberley tried both kirk is £100.00 cheaper £399 from warehouse express i believe i got mine from the states this may be another option for you.
Regards
Lost

Hiya - could it be worth asking the moderators of the other place if this fellow has been around for a while etc - clearly if joe public then they won't know but I just thought they could put your mind at ease if he's been around a while ??

Kerso has one on eBay....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-WIM...s_JN?hash=item5ad343366a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

You might contact him for a non-eBay price.

FWIW I just got myself a Manfrotto 393 gimbal head. It might not have the fancy design of the Wimberley but it seems to work quite nicely and is only £107....

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-manfrotto-393-long-lens-monopod-bracket/p11050

less a couple of quid in cash back from http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/tdodd <- referral link.

I took it out birding for the first time today. I didn't get any keeper shots (of birds), as everything was too far away, but I was very happy with the head. I've shot a video review, which I have uploaded to YouTube.....

http://www.youtube.com/user/eezytiger#play/uploads/0/aTBslHjfrtY

Ahh sorry i double posted

The apology read

Puddleduck i have clearly offended you and i apologise as this was not my intention

reading though the posts its clear i made a mistake posting the thread.

Argghhhhhh this day just keeps getting worse and worse and worse lol!

Hi Tim, i have the 393 already but found it a bit restricting.

thanks for the ebay linky also.

Hi lost thanyou for the Info about Kirk Cobra. i hadn't heard of these so i will look into it

cheers

Andy

Back