Is WHE going out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Wail
Edit My Images
No
I regularly check prices of the equipment that I have in my "soon to buy" list .. and I use CameraPriceBuster to see who's got the cheapest.

Of course, WHE are generally one of the cheapest; but for the past few days they've not been on a few of the list ... so I've been checking their website.

I've looked at Nikon mainly, various camera bodies and some of the more common and good lenses. All seem to be out of stock, placed on back order!

Is there something to read into that? Or are they just not keeping any stock due to the ultra-sensitive pricing at the moment?

Well no one is going to buy Gear at those prices now or at least not to the tune they were a year ago so its pretty much a certainty if it continues for another 3 or 4 months they will go to the wall.

Actually, their prices are not up to what the latest ones we've seen on the thread about RRP .. they are more than what I'd expect, but cheaper than the one in the RRP thread.

Still, they used to have a lot of lenses, if not most, in stock; now, from over 12 I've looked at, only 2 are in stock.

What's more likely is that people have bought up the older stock before the price rises kcik in and they're waiting for stock replenishment. This stuff probably comes on a boat from Japan so if they've had a sudden rush of orders to beat the price rises it will take a while for things to catch up.

I've got some old AKs lying round here somewhere, I'll meet you in hull after I've had my tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back