ISO Question

Name
Christian
Edit My Images
No
STUPID QUESTION ALERT

Currently using a kodak 400 tmax in my Fujica ST705, does this mean I have to keep the ISO set at 400 ? :help:

Basically no, you can push or pull the film at the developing stage to compensate. Tmax 400 could be shot anything from 50-3200 odd as far as I know. eg. Shooting at 800 would be a one stop push, and means an extension is required at the developing stage as it's essentially been underexposed. Shooting at 200 requires less development as the film will have been 1 stop over exposed.

Check out the dev chart at digital truth, just enter the film and developer in the drop downs and voila...

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php?Film=TMax+400&Developer=D-76&mdc=Search

Last edited:
but just to make it clear, you must use the same 'ISO' for the whole film.

You can't change between shots, as you can't dev each shot seperately
(unless you are using large format)

Thanks guys. Will stay with 400 as I'm not developing it myself.

...some labs will only push/pull so far. Peak imaging will only pull one stop (!) but will push three.

...some labs will only push/pull so far. Peak imaging will only pull one stop (!) but will push three.

Thats because beneath one stop it becomes very unpredictable and nearly all films will start to produce steadily worst results when pulled more than that, pushing just increases the grain and contrast whilst when pulling the opposite happens but the very nature of the film begins to alter as well. Most only do up to three as good results are usually obtained up to then and also beyond that the development times start to become very long.

Back