It cant rain all the time

Edit My Images
Yes
Ive been waiting for some blue skies over the past couple of weeks, to get out and experiment with my new piece of welders glass.
here's some of the results so far
C & C welcome

Worthing & Lancing seafront, West Sussex
All taken with no.9 welding glass filter (11 stops) @ f/11 exposures ranging from 4-15 seconds
thanks for looking
DSC_0132-01.jpg

DSC_0123-01.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

DSC_0183-01.jpg

DSC_0129-01.jpg

Some great shots.

Two is my favorite. The mono tones are great and the flags blowing suggest it wasn't as calm is it looks. I like the comp too.

The processing in the third seems to have produced a glow around the pipe that I find a wee bit distracting.

I'd be tempted to try increasing the mid tone contrasts in the beach huts shot. Something to give a bit more punch. Also maybe sharpen up the beach huts to give them some focus.

Two is also my favourite
I agree with windruner about the beach huts too.

Lovely set (with the slight exception of #3 because of the glow).....I really like your BW processing.

Number 2 is also my favourite!

Number 4 I think would have looked better from another angle, most of the huts look run down so maybe highlighting this would have been an improvement IMO.

Great photos none-the-less.

Nice work! Like the little bird in number 3, if that was a crow that would really fit in with your title!

Some of the best WG photographs I've seen for a while.

Of the set I'm drawn to #2, especially the fluttering and blurred material.

(few dust bunnies).

Cheers.

thanks everyone for the comments :)

windrunner
Some great shots.
Two is my favorite. The mono tones are great and the flags blowing suggest it wasn't as calm is it looks. I like the comp too.
The processing in the third seems to have produced a glow around the pipe that I find a wee bit distracting.
I'd be tempted to try increasing the mid tone contrasts in the beach huts shot. Something to give a bit more punch. Also maybe sharpen up the beach huts to give them some focus.

Im definitely going to sit down and spend a bit more time editing the 2 images you mentioned, I wasn't too happy with the beachhut shot after editing but couldnt really work out why... guess sometimes you need a second pair of eyes and different point of view to see whats not working...
cheers

Mogsy Nice work! Like the little bird in number 3, if that was a crow that would really fit in with your title!
it is indeed a crow, it pretty much sat there for the entire 8second exposure then flew away before I could get another shot.
It is exactly what inspired the title (y)

it is indeed a crow, it pretty much sat there for the entire 8second exposure then flew away before I could get another shot.
It is exactly what inspired the title (y)

Great minds eh Craig :) Wow that is a patient bird ! Poser! :D

Loving number 5, canvas methinks?

Some of the best WG photographs I've seen for a while.

Of the set I'm drawn to #2, especially the fluttering and blurred material.

(few dust bunnies).

Cheers.

Thank you, thats very kind of you to say!
Im still totally amazed at the quality of images that can be produced with such a cheap, coarse piece of glass

kris3291 Loving the photos. You're only down the road from me funnily enough. I work in Broadwater and go to worthing to try and take photos all the time!
cheers, maybe we should meet up for a days shooting sometime, i've been thinking of joining a local club or something to meet a few more local photographers

Great shots, the second one is my favorite but I would like to see it in colour aswell.

These are great from welding glass. There's something about the second one that I keep coming back to. Excellent.

liking number 2 alot but i feel that number 4 needs a slight rotation to the right and also the bird seems more of a distraction than anything else.
Other than that a great set.

Back