It Has To Be Fate?...

Edit My Images
Yes
I hope this ok to post here, but if not, admin do please feel free to move it.

Having recently expanded my photographic subjects to include Astrophotography, specifically, the Aurora, I found that my lens wasn't achieving the results I wanted, so after some research, I settled upon the Tokina AT-X PRO DX 11-20 mm f/2.8.

Two pieces of mail arrived today, one addressed to me and one to my wife.
This was not something that she had requested....It has to be fate or perhaps it was in the stars?....;)

Naturally, I hope to participate in this forum a lot more going forward. :)

DSC_2617-1sml.jpg

Last edited:
Mum and Dad did the Hurtigruten ferry trip up and back a few years ago. Had mist or poor weather all the way but still enjoyed the trip. Theirs wasn't a photographically inspired trip though!

Good luck seeing and shooting the Aurora and don't forget to use the Mk 1 eyeballs as well as the camera - the constantly shifting pattern is mesmerising and hard to capture on "film".

Mum and Dad did the Hurtigruten ferry trip up and back a few years ago. Had mist or poor weather all the way but still enjoyed the trip. Theirs wasn't a photographically inspired trip though!

Good luck seeing and shooting the Aurora and don't forget to use the Mk 1 eyeballs as well as the camera - the constantly shifting pattern is mesmerising and hard to capture on "film".
Most of my Aurora chasing will be limited to Scotland (400 miles away) and likely only visible through the camera, but I do hope to visit Norway, Iceland and Alaska before my time here is up when MK1 eyeballs will be in awe. :)

I went to Saariselka in Finland during February this year. We were lucky enough to see the lights for around 4 hrs :)
I highly recommend northern finland for a fantastic view

Wowsy, we got the same magazine :)

Didn't get an 11-20 lens though :(

Back