It took a year in the making

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
but... I think it was worth it. Why so long... the weather mainly...

This is an image showing a photo a day of the moon at each point in the lunar phase for a month. Each moon image is an uncropped photo of the moon taken at about 1500mm (600mm Telescope, 2x TC and about 50mm of macro tubes between the TC and the body on my redsnapper). The large one in the background was enlarged in small steps from the image at the top of the circle. The total image size is immense... (23000 x 23000 pixels, 1.6Gb tif, even the jpg is over 20Mb :nuts:) and takes my poor puter over 20 minutes to load or save..

Still... I hope you like it.

moonmonthcirclemoonclock.jpg

Last edited:
:shake: Got to admired your dedication. A blooming year....sheesh.

Mighty impressive.

Have you got one with the moons on a black BG?

Cheers.

Utterly incredible mate :clap:

You have produced some stunning pics over the past year, and they just keep getting better (y)

that's pretty different and very clever. (y)

I understand (pretty much how it works) though I reckon the 28 little moons going from new through to full to new in a long strip would really help kids in school understand how it all comes together..........

I might have go at this if I get five minutes!!!! Seriously though this is superb, well taken and presented. I would like to see this without the background shot if you have it ??

Thanks all.. The last few were a real mare... the moon doesn't even get above the horizon, that late in the cycle, till gone 0400..

For those that asked about a plain background... Here you go... I felt it needed something, and as I can't get a photo of the earth from the moon to fill the hole (more's the pity)... I did try with the sun... but it just looked plain wrong...

moonmonthcircle-1.jpg

Brilliant, from one 'year in the making' project undertaker to another.

The change in phasing is cyclical so it's right to present it in a circle and for that reason the BG of the moon works just fine for me.

Bravo :clap:

Hats off to you, as others have said, you've shown great devotion to this idea, and it very clearly pays off!! Unique, and awe inspiring. Great work.

Julian

Well worth the year in the making, this shows some dedication, and really pays off well done:clap:

Very impressive, have you made a print of it yet?

Some pretty dedicated people out there and your one of them. :cool:

very impresive, i am sure this will be here at the front for a long while

Verry impressive I'd be sending this image to magazines like focus, im sure they'd jump on it.

I'm going to go against the grain and say I prefer the black BG version! I like it's 'simplicity' if I can possibly justify that description. Either way, awesome work.

Back