Critique Italian Dolomites

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a set from my October 2017 Autumn workshop in the Dolomites.

What a trip, absolutely unreal in every way. Great company, great locations, great weather and loads and loads of photographs :)

1- Langkofel range from the summit of Sass Pordoi cable car - Canon 6D & 24-105L / 70 seconds / f16 / 28mm / ISO100 / LEE Big Stopper & 0.9 medium grad

2- Sassolungo from the Alpe Di Suisi - Alpenglow turned the mountains red after the sun had set. A truly beautiful sight - Canon 6D & 24-105L / 30 seconds / f10 / 67mm / ISO100 / LEE 0.6 medium grad
[/url

3- The church of St Johann - Santa Maddalena, Val Di Funes - Canon 6D & 24-105L / 1/250th / f11 / 67mm / ISO200 / LEE 0.9 medium grad
[url=https://flic.kr/p/Z3gy3E]

4- Lago Di Braies - Canon 6D & 16-35 F4L / 11/6 seconds / f16 / 19mm / ISO100 / LEE 0.9 medium grad

5- Lago Di Landro - Canon 6D & 24-105L / 1/13th / f16 / 65mm / ISO100 / LEE 0.9 soft grad

6 - Santa Maddalena village with the Ogle group looming behind - Canon 6D & 70-200 f2.8L IS USM ii / 1/160th / f8 / 70mm / ISO200 / LEE Polariser & 0.6 medium grad

Let me know your thoughts :)

Have a lovely christmas folks :)

Nick[/url]

Lovely images, particularly like the mono,looks a great conversion on my tablet. Stunning location, hope I can get there one day!

And a Happy Christmas to you too.

3, 5, and 6 are how I remember the country by,
well done, Nick!

I would try to dissimulate the flare in #5! :cool:

Excellent set, wonderful location (y)

2nd and 4th are the best ones and are perfect shots that I couldn't offer crit or suggest improvements.

The flare in five (avoidable at a different time of the year) and railings of the road (unavoidable) detract

The last shots fine but the location leaves me cold, the crates in the shot marr it. (Unavoidable)

stunning shots some of the best have seen by a mile
i wish some of the other landscape togs on here would go on your workshops

Really nice set of images. This has been on my list of places to visit for a while just can't decide when to go. For those that have been there any recommendations?

Beautiful images....absolutely love #2....although every time I see shots this good I think I may as well sell my gear and take up something else!! :)

A lovely set, I can't really offer much more than that as they are wonderful.

2+4 for me, superb.

2, 4 and 5 for me, stunning images! I remember flying over the dolomites on the way to Venice and thinking it would be a fantastic place to shoot some images and by the looks of it I wasn't wrong, great stuff!

Well not much to be said about this set Nick other than superb work(y)

Absolutely stunning set of images Nick, I honestly couldn't pick one over another although being a big fan of B&W the first one is a personal favourite. I have to say as well that I actually like a bit of flare, I think it gives a 'real' feel to an image if that makes sense?? Anyway, fantastic!! :)

simply lovely :) great shots Nick

Shots 2 and 4 by a country mile are the best of the set. Love 2 in particular, the colour on the Alps, and the arrangement of the closet huts angled like that is great. 4 is very well taken and processed, personally I would clone out the bit on the left jutting in.

I keep coming back to these, great stuff. I think that the flare is on the third on the ridge of the fourth peak from the right though it may not be flare at all.
You're right I hadn't even noticed that! Thanks for pointing it out :) something to sort out if I ever print it lol :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

Shots 2 and 4 by a country mile are the best of the set. Love 2 in particular, the colour on the Alps, and the arrangement of the closet huts angled like that is great. 4 is very well taken and processed, personally I would clone out the bit on the left jutting in.
Haha, I dunno how I missed the bit of the jetty!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

Back