It's different, but it still applies to us...

Name
Eddy
Edit My Images
Yes
Us photographers are not the only creatives out there that get asked to work for nothing...

sOsHnbfl.jpg

Source: http://m.imgur.com/r/MusicNews/sOsHnbf

it's exactly the same, good find :)

Very well said that man.:clap:

Nice reply.
I get asked all the time to '...just do this while you're here.'
I'm a kitchen and bathroom fitter, but seem to have a sideline in hanging pictures/ mirrors and other household tasks for no extra recompense.
(I add these things on to the final invoice now :) )

theres someone who will never use him in the future when they do have a budget. By all means say no, but telling potential future clients to go forth and multiply is something of a phyric victory

"Dear Zoe, I'm afraid I don't give my work away, if you'd like to discuss licencing my rates are very reasonable, please call me on .... "

This went viral several months ago. I'm told, in the short ted at least, bodies representing musicians reported a positive effect (in the short term at least) - lots of media production companies hastily (and predictably) coming out with the "we're not like that, we value all of our content providers" line...

TBH musicians get a far worse deal than Togs - it's very hard to make a reasonable living except for a very few, and many get by giving lessons to children. Ask many musicians how to turn professional and the answer is almost always DON'T! Degrees and various other qualifications can help with teaching, but most of the time that isn't being a musician. Of those in bands that have become successful, many will tell tales of touring for years with barely enough money to put fuel in the tank to get to the next gig, let alone having enough to eat and pay rent. Photography, as a creative profession, has been very safe *by comparison*.

I'd say he was remarkably restrained, considering.

Back