"It's Life Jim ..." - Images replaced and 1 added - 11 Mar

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
At the sea life centre yesterday, and the juvenile ray's were up against the edge of the tank. This was damned hard, dim lighting, curved glass/perspex edges...

1)
IMG_27672.jpg

2)
IMG_27691.jpg

I did try cloning out the scratch lines, but I'm no good at that level of detailed cloning, and I lost too much of the ray. I've replaced the images with the healed versions. I also bumped up the vibrancy as it reveals more.

IMG_2769-Version2.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C please, and any hints on how to do fine cloning greatly accepted.

Last edited:
Wow reminds me of the 'face hugger' in Alien :) Great pair of shots given the location and conditions you mention!

Re cloning - I'm no expert but for that fine stuff I normally view actual pixels, used a small bush and hope my hand is steady :)

I'm sure our more technically adept chums on here have better ways though :)

Woah, that is freaky, brilliant shots... never seen them like this before (y)

Very nice John, know how hard it is in these type of places, probably be trying myself next week as going down to Dorset for afew days,

As for removing the lines, if you have photo shop I find that the Spot Healing brush is better for this type of thing, may be worth giving that ago as it is less harsh than actual cloning.

Thanks all. I'm not sure how young they are, but they were in a seperate tank.

Good luck Stuart, Look forward to the results.

I had a play with the Aperture healing tool on the worst one #1.. Much easier than cloning

IMG_27672.jpg

Shoot to kill shoot to kill :D

Thats pretty damned good John (y)

Is that "Flash in the Pan"........:shrug:

:naughty:

Thanks Chris

Oh Dear :D

Absolutlely fascinating John(y) Good job with the healing tool too.

WO HO Hold on now WTF!! great shots scarey critters, you can see their inards, now thats just wrong!

Thank you Karin. Thanks Gazza... I tried it to see what it looked like with a bit of added vibrancy (I can't recall the name for it in Aperture) and the internal showed up a lot more vividly...

Brilliant shots (especially under the circumstances described)(y)

I wonder what their home planet is called??:LOL:

They remind me of the film Sphere

Love them both!

Excellent insight into the underneath of a ray. Superb detail John (y)

Thanks everyone. I've removed the scratches from the other shot, and boosted up the vibrancy as this seems to help show the internals a bit more, just got Gazza... Sorry bout that :D.

IMG_27691.jpg

IMG_2769-Version2.jpg

Thanks Kaz

I can't help coming back for another look, they're brilliant (y)

Thank you :D

Back