Jag XJ220

The sticker isn't the wrong way round; just slightly slanted.

That very car was at the 'Ring not long ago. I have some photos of it somewhere that I'll try and dig up.

It was indeed the fastest car in the world but not for long, before the McLaren F1 came along.

The sticker isn't the wrong way round; just slightly slanted.

That very car was at the 'Ring not long ago. I have some photos of it somewhere that I'll try and dig up.

It was indeed the fastest car in the world but not for long, before the McLaren F1 came along.

Oh that could have been me then :LOL: Cant wait too see the pictures.

The car I believe may be the same that used to park round the corner from my old work in Stoke on Trent. The garage was run by Don Law Jaguar who purchased a lot of bits from TWR when it went under. I dropped in once and there must have been 6 0r 7 XJ220's inside the workshop and another couple on the road. I'm sure this yellow one looks familiar. He also owns a Transit van used as a development vehcile which has the same engine in it as the XJ220. Somewhere I have some pics of the garage i'll try and dig them out.

The car I believe may be the same that used to park round the corner from my old work in Stoke on Trent. The garage was run by Don Law Jaguar who purchased a lot of bits from TWR when it went under. I dropped in once and there must have been 6 0r 7 XJ220's inside the workshop and another couple on the road. I'm sure this yellow one looks familiar. He also owns a Transit van used as a development vehcile which has the same engine in it as the XJ220. Somewhere I have some pics of the garage i'll try and dig them out.

Like so?

PIC_0009b.jpg

He drove that Transit up the hill at Goodwood Festival of Speed last year.

Yep the Transit van was a "mule" had the chassis and engine of the car and the only body long enough to cover it was a LWB Transit van.

The Jaguar boys used to go out and about on the roads and pull up to Golf GTi cars (which was a fast car in those days), hang out the window, call the Golf driver for everything, so the Golf would power away from the lights. Then the 'transit van' would just roar past him and a the next set of lights just sit and laugh at the Golf driver :p:D

I have sat in one, and driven a Testarosa, f360 f550 and a f355

I presume thats a map of a country, and it doesn't look like the UK to me, considering its a jaguar?!
its the ring as others have mentioned

It's one of five XJ220S,the road going version of the XJ220C racer, commisionned from TWR by XK Engineering, the original price was £293,750.

"While the standard XJ220 was clothed in a lightweight aluminum body, TWR’s S version replaced every panel, except the doors, with high–quality lightweight carbon fiber resulting in a svelte 2,379 pound brute, and this car is even lighter. In doing so they added a front splitter, wider rocker panels and a large carbon fiber rear wing that gives the XJ220 S an imposing look, making the standard XJ220 look domesticated. The lightweight carbon fiber nose is easily removable for access and service. TWR also cranked the twin–turbo V–6 from 540 bhp to an impressive 680 bhp. The XJ220 S could leap to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds and reach 228 mph. Because s/n 220801 is even lighter than a standard XJ220 S, it is even quicker and thanks to huge Brembo calipers, has the stopping power to match the performance, yet is tractable enough that it can be driven on the street."

Not sure if it is actually owned by Tom Walkinshaw,a post on another forum says it is owned by a guy who has nine XJ220s :eek: and the same owner has had it from new.
9!!! bloody swine :(

thats awsome:love:

Back