weekly Jason's 52 in 2014 - SUPPORT Added - We've made it to the end together :-)

Hi Jason
Fresh - excellent manipulation as Graham says - beautiful colours and that touch of the water droplets enhances the theme. Top quality work

Shape - nice idea and well handled , tho for me the juxtaposition (!) of the elements is a bit too dissimilar, with the stone, concrete and 'blackmail ' letters
Number - now 10lb 7 ozs IS a number :eek: Congrats.

Hi, congratulations, 1 of each was enough for me and as superpippo said above 10lb 7oz definitely a number(y)

Action - The action is certainly caught mid flight. Maybe a bit more sense of motion would have helped.

Mono - Super atmosphere in this shot. The rays of light really make this shot. Nice one.

Twisted - Great idea. This really works due to the simplicity of the image

Fresh - I've always wanted to try this. You seemed to have made this look real. The composition has also lifted even further from the ordinary. Love it

Shape - The fact the word shape isn't straight on helps.

Number - 10lb 7ozs! Blimey. The main thing is congratulations to you and the family. I hope you are enjoying Victor being at home. I think you'll have an excuse for not posting for a couple of weeks until you catch up on some sleep.

Thanks all for your kind words. really appeciated. Hard work as you know though more importantly, Mom and baby are both doing well :)

I don't suppose you have a set up shot so I can see how you physically arranged the two fruit and lit?

Sorry Tony...no set up shot unfotunately. I used a strobe to light the background (back left of subject) and an off camera flash in manual mode in front and above of subject (pointing down at appox 45 degrees). I also had some tinfoil to the right of the subect to add some highlights to the wate drops. 4 seperate shots were taken for this composite. Camera in manual mode (including focus, which was on the apple) locked off on a tripod. Shot 1 was of the whole apple (minus cut out segment) only. Shot 2 was of the whole orange (minus cut out segment) only which was placed on the same spot as the apple. Shot 3 of the apple segment placed relative to the original position of the apple / orange. Shot 4 orange segment placed on the same spot as the apple segment. Only adjustments between shots was slight tweaking to position and strength of off camera flash and adjusment of tin foil. I believe shooting seperately helped to control lighting and shadows. (y)

** PS ** I chose an orange an apple of the same size believing this will help keep consistance sense of scale between apple and orange.

Last edited:
Week 21: Strength

Not much time with new baby on our hands so a composite was the easiet option, allowing me time to spend on it here and there as a slot arose :)

Cidre bottle was shot against a greenish yellow paper background to hopefully marry with the intended background colour to be used (pic here)

Everthing else added in photoshop using my own and web stock library. Thanks for looking

Strength 21/52
by Jason Glyn, on Flickr

Now version 2 below with straightend (ish) bottle reflection as suggested by Allan. Thanks mate for pointing that out to me....played on my mind and had to fix

Strength 21/52 by Jason Glyn, on Flickr

Last edited:
Strength, good composite, good detail, I'm liking the reflection and good lighting.

The BG, can't decide if I'd order another colour :thinking: I'd prefer a slightly closer crop to remove some of the top.

Cheers.

Hi, your link from the picture only post isn't working,
nice product shot, although the reflection of the bottle looks a little wonky :thinking:
nice PS work

Strength, good composite, good detail, I'm liking the reflection and good lighting.

The BG, can't decide if I'd order another colour :thinking: I'd prefer a slightly closer crop to remove some of the top.

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments Andy, comments noted regarding background (y)

Hi, your link from the picture only post isn't working,
nice product shot, although the reflection of the bottle looks a little wonky :thinking:
nice PS work

Thanks for the comments Allan. I have revisited this and straightend (ish) the bottle reflection. See above.

Hi Jason

I live the colors you've used in your Strong image....the slightly straighter version works really well (y) I do wonder about the pear being upright though....possibly 2 pears might be better as things seem to be better with odd numbers ?

Week 22: Texture

Continuing my photoshoppery themes, I've put together a composite featuring as many textures as I could possibly incorporate.... Ive not taken this seriously and it's just meant to be a bit of fun. Thanks for looking as always ;)

Texture by Jason Glyn, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi great PS skills, no idea how it was done and indeed if any of it is an actual picture/s

Well done with the Photoshoppery....you certainly have a huge variety of textures in there .... did you start with the skull and add to it ??

Hi Susie. Yup started with the skeleton, then skull then finally the array of textures.

Hi great PS skills, no idea how it was done and indeed if any of it is an actual picture/s

Hi Allan. Skull and Rose background based on photos taken by me. See the pictures here. <<Rose>> <<Skull>> The rest of the textures, skeleton and eyeballs from web stock.

Last edited:
Interesting Jason, as always, great pp skills, I like the fact you've shown the two images that it's based around, excellent (y)

Nice work Jason, effective end composite there. Well done for using a couple of your own shots in it too, gives you much more of a right to call the image your own than if everything was plucked off the net and you'd just put it together.

Great job. (y)

Hi, i like that nicely composed and the distant figure has a sinister quality about it almost ghostly, you are drawn like the figure into the almost tunnel of trees :clap:

Trespassing....you rock :)

Well composed and I do like the mysterious figure in the distance.

Nice greens, but wonder what a nice contrasty B&W would look like.

Cheers.

Strong - I like the image and such a vivid background colour surprisingly works. I notice you said you straightened the image but I feel the bottle itself is still bit off vertical.

Texture - Not to my usual taste but there's something about it that I like. I could imagine it as an album cover or on a t-shirt. Maybe you should get it printed onto one.

Wild - The image definitely takes your eyes along the track towards the man which adds up to a pleasing composition. I even think the earning sign helps the image

Week 24: Dreamy

Struggling for time with newborn baby and family commitments and as a result have not had the time to comments on others threads so no comments expected. Just trying to keep up to date and have even toyed with canning this years challange :(. For this wee a composite image based on this photo here

Dreamy 24/52 by Jason Glyn, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Jason - playing catch up myself after joining late so please excuse me not going back through and critting every shot!

Texture - love the PP and style overall... no idea how you did it but it looks great! So many applications for that look.

Wild - agree with the others re: blue cast, but that could work in certain circumstances. Looks very mysterious...

Dreamy - first of all: PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP! Sorry for shouting but your PP skills will be sorely missed. I like the wood and "dreamy tape/postit combo" but maybe it would work better with a beach in the background? Great skills again though - postits are well tidied up!

Oh... and congratulations!

Back