weekly Jaycee' 52-4-24 ..... Do or do not there is no try ........(yeah right)

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Here we go again

Week One

Close to home Tec Sooc

Looked out the window this morning and rushed to get my camera ....

Closee by Sooc by John, on Flickr

Close by by John, on Flickr

Last edited:
Presumably the second image is an edited version of the first, being SooC...

Other than the cloned out thing at the top and the crop, could you have gotten the same shot by lowering the ISO to 'say' 200?
Or was there changes to saturation and selective darkening?

Last edited:
Presumably the second image is an edited version of the first, being SooC...

Other than the cloned out thing at the top and the crop, could you have gotten the same shot by lowering the ISO to 'say' 200?
Or was there changes to saturation and selective darkening?

I had just got up, rushed to get my camera put it on auto and clicked. I was in the middle of stuff as well and didn't want to miss the scene. :)

I did mess about with the saturation and darkness a little to get it looking "as it was"

I must play about with iso settings on the same scene I know the theory but haven't put it into practise much. Thanks for the suggestion.

Cracking shot to kick off your 52, John.
Thanks Bob trying to get into the habit of not leaving it to long before the next one arrives. :)

Nice one - and good to see a processed version too which is fine as you've submited the SOOC one for the week and the tech :)

Definitely needed the edit to clone out the thing in the top middle. Also think the shadow lift has helped with that silhouette of buildings in the foreground. Personally prefer the sky colours in the original as the edit looks a little over-cooked to me, but that's just my tuppence.

The edited version is definitely an improvement. Well done on get the SooC shot though. Good start.

If I remember correctly it is the OM 20 @Nikon f1.8

Great shot, looks like he was very interested in what you were doing.

Nice likkle Billy Bobbin :)

This is a cracking shot, I never have much luck taking a picture of a Robin as saw as I get my camera out they're gone!

Great shot. Robins are great little creatures, our garden's resident robin loves when I dig up our flower beds. Comes so close I almost recon he would jump on my had if it had some worms in it, hasn't yet though and I have tried...

Soft but sharp, lovely!

Thanks for the positive comment guys

Week Four "Water" Lovely reflection shot with a little bonus

Water by John, on Flickr

Last edited:
Is it a little kingfisher ?

I'm not a bird photographer, so if it's a different bird I'm sorry lol

It is, got a few before she flew off.

Aha - I see him the little blue rocket!

Nice one John :)

Aha - I see him the little blue rocket!

Nice one John :)

Thanks Dave but the little Blue rocket goes by the pronouns she/her :D

Soft: stunning shot of a robin and great colour. They do love to pose!
Water - definitely a bonus. Lucky to get him.

Last edited:
I like the crop but I also like the other two! Maybe the floating debris....
Taken note of the 1/6 shutter speed. Cheers

Good choice of shutter speed. I think the foreground highlight is quite blown - if you shot in Raw, it might be recoverable.

^^^ Yeah that. Shutter just right but overexposed.

Back