JCB Birds

Name
Mick
Edit My Images
Yes
Some shots from a recent visit to the lakes surrounding the JCB headquarters in Rocester, Staffordshire.

There are a lot of species here and although most are captive it worth a trip to see all the variety, and there is sometimes an odd wild visitor mixed in there as well :)

Puna Teal - Anas versicolor puna by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Male Mandarin Duck by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Rosy-billed pochard by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Fulvous Whistling Duck by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

White-cheeked Pintail by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

Female hooded merganser by Mick Erwin, on Flickr

All very nice shots! Especially like seeing male manderin ducks! I also like the drips dripping off the whistling duck...great set!

Nice set and I particularly like the fact that they're all captioned with their common names.

Good set with the Teal & Pintail being my favourites for processing :)

:agree: with the Mandarin being my favourite, all excellent though.

great photos mick, where do you park at jcb have been meaning to get there for awhile .

great photos mick, where do you park at jcb have been meaning to get there for awhile .

Cheers Kevin, you can actually drive right into JCB, I have marked it on map below for you (free to park as well)

You go left on the roundabout to get into JCB and the car parks should all be on your right you just keep going and you will see the JCB school on your left, just past that it the next long road looking more like a path and this is the access to the jetties and a few places to park!

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-29%20at%2009.23.04.jpg

Are these on a tripod or bean bag or something similar?

No but I am on the floor for most of them using my knee as support, and am lay down even for a few but getting to old for that, it ok getting down it getting up again the problem haha! I keep looking at beanbags but it just something else to carry?

Lovely set and thanks for the info. I keep meaning to go to the Monkey Forest, but having this as well would make the day worthwhile (y)

Back