Jessops, Shrewsbury

Edit My Images
No
I know that Jessops can be a bit Marmite for some and with good reason. However, I have dealt with the Shrewsbury branch for a few years now and have always received courteous and professional advice.

Last week a chance look at the main Jessops website showed the FujiFilm 70-300mm lens in stock which suprised me a tad as they are like rocking horse sh*t and on back order everywhere. A quick phone call to the branch at 1000hrs was answered by Max, the new manager, who double checked the main Jessops stock list, confirmed that three were in stock and ordered one for me for next day delivery.

He phoned me the next day at 1200hrs to say that the courier had just delivered my lens and it was ready for collection.

I have been waiting for a few months for one to come into stock, as supply has been seriously affected by Covid and worldwide demand, but I was astounded to get the lens (which is superb) and absolutely delighted at the professional service afforded by Max and Phil Jones.

Top notch experience.

Good to hear that - sometimes new managers really are what is needed and sounds like they found a good one!
True but Max took over from a smashing chap, Henry, who has changed career and gone into forestry. Seamless handover!

True but Max took over from a smashing chap, Henry, who has changed career and gone into forestry.
In that case I think Henry will probably be a busy chap at the moment if he can use a chainsaw!

Back