Jinbei Dm5 / Dm6 and wireless trigger

Name
Ksawery
Edit My Images
No
Hi,
I'd like to ask about the wireless remote trigers for Nikon system that can cooperate with the Jinbei Dm(5/6) series studio flashes. Does anyone has a recomendation, the trigger models that have also remote settings option? What about f.ex. Godox X2T trigger?

thanks,

I can't answer your question and can only suggest that you ask the firm that you bought your flash from.

But, from my experience of both Jinbei and Godox (which is now years out of date) I very much doubt whether the built-in receiver in the flash will talk to any Godox transmitter, these are not manufacturers who have worked together in the time that I dealt with them. Jinbei used to be the dominant Chinese flash manufacturer, Godox took over that monopoly position and I think it unlikely that they will have shared their technology with their old rival, although of course I might be wrong about this.

And the Jinbei flash doesn't have a USB connector. It does have the old-style jack socket, so you could buy one of the cheap generic radio triggers that use this fitting, or you could get a genuine Jinbei radio transmitter, if they are available outside China.

I can't answer your question and can only suggest that you ask the firm that you bought your flash from.

But, from my experience of both Jinbei and Godox (which is now years out of date) I very much doubt whether the built-in receiver in the flash will talk to any Godox transmitter, these are not manufacturers who have worked together in the time that I dealt with them. Jinbei used to be the dominant Chinese flash manufacturer, Godox took over that monopoly position and I think it unlikely that they will have shared their technology with their old rival, although of course I might be wrong about this.

And the Jinbei flash doesn't have a USB connector. It does have the old-style jack socket, so you could buy one of the cheap generic radio triggers that use this fitting, or you could get a genuine Jinbei radio transmitter, if they are available outside China.
Do you recomend any other manufacturer, available on f.ex Amazon with similar funcionality that COULD works with this Jinbei lamps? Their genuine transmiters are actually not available anywhere at the moment. I do not want to use this generic radio triggers - I used to do it, but it is not comfortable and those lamps have the radio receivers built-in.

I've seen a cheap chinese hot shoe trigger and receiver that came with a cable and plug, that fired a few different makes of studio flash. Failing that will wired firing work for you?

Do you recomend any other manufacturer, available on f.ex Amazon with similar funcionality that COULD works with this Jinbei lamps? Their genuine transmiters are actually not available anywhere at the moment. I do not want to use this generic radio triggers - I used to do it, but it is not comfortable and those lamps have the radio receivers built-in.
It's highly unlikely that any other manufacturers' transmitters will work with these receivers.
You could email Jinbei, they have someone there who speaks English, or at least they did when I dealt with them.

I've seen a cheap chinese hot shoe trigger and receiver that came with a cable and plug, that fired a few different makes of studio flash. Failing that will wired firing work for you?
Thanks, but that is I am going to excape from. I used to have those small cable receivers attached to the lamps. However I figured out that they have a radio transmiter included. that is why I am looking for the hot plug camera body transmitter that would be able to activate those lamps. Unfortunatelly none Jinbei transmiter is available on Amazon UK etc.

Thanks, but that is I am going to excape from. I used to have those small cable receivers attached to the lamps. However I figured out that they have a radio transmiter included. that is why I am looking for the hot plug camera body transmitter that would be able to activate those lamps. Unfortunatelly none Jinbei transmiter is available on Amazon UK etc.
Sadly, that's the downside of buying an unpopular brand, and also one of the downsides of buying from Amazon sellers.

As I suggested before, maybe contact Jinbei directly, or perhaps look on Ali Baba.

Back