Beginner Just a Gull

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out to meet another TPer and was testing his nifty fifty on my D3200, a 1st for me as im new to
photography. Came across this little chappie behind us so i thought i would shoot it as a test and get a feel for the lens.
We was in Cannes for the meet. Just love the colour of the Gulls eyes.
C & C welcome, just cropped and a little brightness taken down.

View attachment 5010 View attachment 5011

So you enjoyed using my nifty fifty you'll now be searching for one of your own??:D

Mr seagull posed quite well......personally i prefer the close up shot though I do find his legs quite amusing in the first shot ( he's got knees like my mrs :exit::D)

On a more serious note, the 50mm F/1.8 is a very good lens for what it costs)...I personally find it a pleasure to use for portraits.

Prefer the 1st with the context in the shot but the white balance is off I'm afraid in both :)

Good stuff - Not many 50mm bird shots on here.

I also prefer number 1 - A lovely pose with just enough depth of field to appreciate the location without detracting from the subject.

As mentioned there is a blue cast but that's not a big issue.

Prefer the 1st with the context in the shot but the white balance is off I'm afraid in both :)

A slight tinge of blue perhaps though I can't say i had really noticed until seeing your post gramps.

@Graham Just to add, perhaps take a look at your white balance setting on the camera. I generally leave mine in Auto mode as it usually works just fine. That may work best for you too. Either way, best to check and see if you have it set to some obscure interior lighting.

OK so it's a blue chested gull so it's going to be blue lol.
Thanks gramps and dinners. oh and asha For the loan of the 50mm :)

Thanks minnnt. ah Oui il est francais. and I don't know how to do PP yet and only have Gimp. Loads to learn. thanks for the nice words.

Yes it was. so don't know what caused the it.

There ya go then....:)

Back