Just a throwaway shot

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Was at a studio day with a few other photographers on Saturday, this is one of my favorite shots from the day.

Feedback is welcome

Throwaway shot by JohnEJL82, on Flickr

Strobism info - Lencarta Ringflash and a stripboxed Elitepro 600 on the left hand side which was on slave.

So far in PP I've increased the blacks a little, cropped it and used the chairs cushion as my level.

Thanks for looking

(if this should go in the glamour section let me know, I don't think its anywhere close to borderline though)

i love the framing and the pose -and the catchlights are amazing from the ringflash - although the flatish light from it being straight on is great for that look, you haven't got the characteristic halo from the ringflash because she's sat on the chair, so you can only see a bit of it around the head (i am on my missus' laptop though which isn't calibrated so i may be wrong).

I have to admit i didn't know what the petals were at first glance that she was throwing, and because of her hand being slightly obscured it wasn't immediately apparent that she was throwing confetti - i guess there's not much you can do about that though, perhaps shooting with a smaller aperture to get a bit more DOF to make the petals more obvious?

i like the shot overall though, her pose is stunning and the fact you've captured her framed by the petals and giving a great look makes the shot. That is my honest feedback though my good man (y)

Thanks Losbandidos.

And thank you for the feedback Reverend, I tried it a couple more times before I got this particular shot, but I thought this was the better of the bunch.

Back