Just Bought Canon 550D.. Images Orange

Name
Zoe
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys not been on site for a longgggg time....

Anyways Treated Myself to the canon 550D with 18-55mm kit lens

50mm f1.8 and the Tamron 70-300mm.

I am posting on here as all the images and Videos seem very orangey in colour.. I am not sure if its maybe a setting i have it on or if there a issue with Camera?

Prob something silly but Had a fiddle with Diff settings and still orange grrrr..

I forgot how to upload on here so cant upload to show yaz lol

Anyone got any ideas to why this would be?:thinking:

Z:)

sounds like your white balance is set wrong. change it to the present which is closest to the lighting conditions you're shooting under and see if that helps.

Yea sounds like white balance to me. May help to shoot in RAW so that white balance can be adjusted later in post processing.

It sounds like indoor shots under tungsten light with the wrong wb setting?

Ok thanks Guys will play about with White Balance 2moz.. i always Shoot in raw also.. tho problems with CS4 reading Cr2 raw files so shooting Jpeg At moment till i get that Sorted..

Thanks again

Z(y)

I had the same trouble opening Cr2 files in CS4 but I found something on the adobe website which helped. I had to install a newer version of the camera raw plugin.

Can't remember exactly what I downloaded but a quick google search returned this:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407110.html

Worth a look (y)

Put wb to tungsten, if it's still orange... make sure you're not actually taking a photo of an orange. :) :p

A new RAW plugin might sort it but until you get that sorted maybe converting them to DNG will enable you to read them?

Hi Zoe good to see you back posting (y) Even orange pictures are good to look at ;) you got that camera sorted yet?

Lol thanks Guys.... Hey Rich LTNC... Will sort it in Morning:) Charging Battery the now...

Biggest Stress about this Camera is the HD movie files... I been compressing in Any video Converter to Mpeg2 and editing in Windows Movie Maker then uploading to Youtube... It does say Available in HD on youtube but the quality is pants... If any other 550D user Knows how to fix this it would be appreciated...

Oh yeah and heres link to a video test i done on it.. u will see how orangey the Video looks..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ4ls3rwezQ

:naughty:

Hi paul.. Yea seems to be sorted now... Thank god for that.. phewwww Just need to get this HD Video Compression sorted... do you think i could make a post about it in here or u think it will get removed?

Z

Back