Just bought this... Cheap!

Edit My Images
No
Hello folks,

Just got this from a second-hand dealer on the South Coast, £69, it looks and feels brand new, with all that that entails...

Feels like I nicked it!

Mike.

Mike.View attachment 10529

Thats a bargain. What's it shoot like? Was looking at getting one of these?

So far Danny, it seems very good, no IS of course so bracing as a technique is back, colour, contrast and sharpness all seem very good, but as with my Fuji X10, it just feels so much nicer to use, build quality lovely, the AF is all but silent too. I really believe they made a mistake in the pricing, all the others were at least £130 - £150!

Mike

WOW! Well done :facepalm:

Get out there and get snapping (y)

Yeah sounds like it must have been priced up incorrectly. It's a very good lens for the price, do you feel it lacks the IS or can't you really tell?

Oh yes, when I said second-hand dealer, I mean a large well known photo web site...

Mike

Yeah sounds like it must have been priced up incorrectly. It's a very good lens for the price, do you feel it lacks the IS or can't you really tell?

Danny,

I used one of these years ago with my film Canons for work, so no, personally I don't notice the lack of IS, (it still feels like a luxury to an old boy like me!), just used to lean on something, or rig the camera strap short so it pulls tight and braces against my shoulder, works a treat...

Mike

Certainly sounds like you've got a bargain there - I'm not looking for a lens at the moment, but I'd have snapped this up at that price...

Enjoy your new purchase :)

Ill have to keep my eye out then. I doubt i'll get one for that price.

As above, enjoy.

Always great when you get a bargain - a friend of mine brought an old Nikon film camera at a car boot sale for £5 - the only reason he brought it was the 50mm 1.4 lens that was attached the front - amazing piece of glass!

Happy Snapping

Definite bargain.

I paid £99 for mine - mint with hood - and I thought I had got away with it cheap.

Back