Just come down from the Isle of Skye

Amazing collection! Hats of to you, this is one of the best sets and I love a story to go with the shots! At least one of those should be printed big for the wall! I'm thinking 4, 5, 7 or 8! Also 7 is such a unique shot, love it!

Anyway keep up the great work! Just liked your page :)

What an excellent set - I've been wanting to do a Skye trip for a while now, and these shots are really making me want to dust off the campervan, take out a loan for the petrol and get myself up there! :D

Apart from 7, that's a very nice set of Scottish landscapes.

In fact, make that superb!

3 and 11 were my personal favourites but most are in another league, very well done indeed!

Thanks for all the kind comments. They are appreciated!

...could you tell me as to what lens`s you were using for them cheers
Canon 24mm TS-E II for any at 24mm and any using the 1.4x extender, Canon 50mm F1.4 for any at 50mm and anything between 70-200 was my 70-200 F2.8 IS. Anything not at 24mm was with my Canon 17-40 F4L

Super set of images, like how you have used the 50mm lens a lot doing these landscapes (which 50mm is it by the way).
On my way to Skye soon, just fingers crossed for the weather.

LesF

It's the Canon 50mm F1.4. Brilliant landscape lens as light and incredibly sharp. Plan is to replace it landscape wise with a 45mm TS-E though as I need the tilt movements for DOF sometimes.

Stunning photos Ally, thank you for posting. Love them all, especially the Eilean Donan shots. Looks like you B&B was pretty central, can you let me know where it was and is it recommended?

It was in Portree and smack bang in the centre. £30/night single occupancy (double room), she left cereal, milk, bread, toaster, kettle and orange juice out so I could make myself breakfast before I left in the mornings which was good and not something any B&B has done before. It's basic and bedrooms are a bit old fashioned but the shower room is clean and new and the wifi is free. I wouldn't take my missus to stay there but for a place to crash it was fine.

http://www.harbour-lodge.co.uk/skye-bed-breakfast.php

Might be worth checking out the portree hotel too as they were advertising single room for £25/night and seemed nice when I went for tea.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...rtree_Isle_of_Skye_The_Hebrides_Scotland.html

These are amazing shots. It looks like a great place for us togs. As sai above, im finding it hard to pick a fav...4 and 5 stand out for me.

These are among the best shots I have ever seen on this site.

I have a burning passion to go to Skye, it will happen one day, I just hope I can be healthy enough to get to the best spots.

Excellent.

I did a very similar trip to you back in May - Ranoch Moor - Eilean Donan and then several days on Skye. I have to say, your shots are a lot better than mine. For those of you thinking about doing something similar I would say just do it - it was a 12 hour drive for me and I can't wait to go back.

Back