Just consumed a mug of Tea!

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Nothing odd about that I hear you say, but I consumed it without picking the mug up (y) It took nearly a whole packet of Rich Tea Fingers and almost one row from a double pack of Bourbons. I need to do some further case studies on this to see which brand of Biscuit I need less or more off to get to the bottom of the mug.

Hobnobs!

I'm quite amazed on just how much a biscuit can drain a mug of coffee/tea :LOL:

Was it Mcvit's RT or some supermarket branded version - saying that I wonder if they do the same job as in same number of biscuits :cautious:

The real question must be... did any of the dunks fail, did any of the soggy biscuits end up in the bottom of the cup? :eek:

u8myufo said:
Nothing odd about that I hear you say, but I consumed it without picking the mug up (y) It took nearly a whole packet of Rich Tea Fingers and almost one row from a double pack of Bourbons. I need to do some further case studies on this to see which brand of Biscuit I need less or more off to get to the bottom of the mug.

All on your own ???

Thought I was bad eating a packet of bourbons (single packet).

I am now craving tea and biscuits!

There's a McVities factory not far from me and the smell when you go past it :nuts:

The real question must be... did any of the dunks fail, did any of the soggy biscuits end up in the bottom of the cup? :eek:

yep that is always the epic fail of dunking.. and then it disintegrates..... :puke:

tea ruined....

No Bill they all held together rather well. I had a clean bottom :thinking: and I had a clean Rim as well :puke: plenty of training in the past came in handy, I know that the dunk rate of a Rich Tea is 1.3sec max (y) You can push a Bourbon to around 2.5 if you get the twist action of the wrist right on it`s return. Couple that with lowering the head and leaning to one side it rarely fails (y)
All on your own ???

Thought I was bad eating a packet of bourbons (single packet).

Lightweight!

Last edited:
No Bill they all held together rather well. I had a clean bottom :thinking: and I had a clean Rim as well :puke: plenty of training in the past came in handy, I know that the dunk rate of a Rich Tea is 1.3sec max (y) You can push a Bourbon to around 2.5 if you get the twist action of the wrist right on it`s return. Couple that with lowering the head and leaning to one side it rarely fails (y)

Does you mug enable you to have a clean dunk in (whole biscuit fits) or do you have to dunk what fits in an the nibble that bit off and then dunk the rest of the biscuit once turned 90degrees.....

Lightweight!

i think you've over estimated on that data for the rich tea. 1.3 seconds would be a highly debatable figure. You need to couple the time with the % of biscuit below the surface of said tea to give an accurate representation.

Perhaps you could prepare some charts in Excel to illustrate your findings. I'd prefer bar chart (for % of tea in mug) coupled with line graph (for the seconds the biscuit is in the tea). I've not thought the process through fully, but just thought i'd throw a few ideas in the air for you to consider.

Next week we could discuss the absorbency rates of various brands of bakery products with dairy products. I am quite an authority on lurpak butter coupled with warburtons crumpets :geek:

Get a twix, bite both ends off, then hey presto, a biscuit based tea straw!

Does you mug enable you to have a clean dunk in (whole biscuit fits) or do you have to dunk what fits in an the nibble that bit off and then dunk the rest of the biscuit once turned 90degrees.....

:LOL:

Well it will all depend on the Mug I use Steve. I have the average size for the normal small biscuits but if I am on a mission with the Round Rich Tea`s or Mc`Vit Digestives then I will bring out Big Bertha :D Nibbling before hand in the Dunking fraternity is frowned upon :thumbsdown:
i think you've over estimated on that data for the rich tea. 1.3 seconds would be a highly debatable figure. You need to couple the time with the % of biscuit below the surface of said tea to give an accurate representation.

Perhaps you could prepare some charts in Excel to illustrate your findings. I'd prefer bar chart (for % of tea in mug) coupled with line graph (for the seconds the biscuit is in the tea). I've not thought the process through fully, but just thought i'd throw a few ideas in the air for you to consider.

Next week we could discuss the absorbency rates of various brands of bakery products with dairy products. I am quite an authority on lurpak butter coupled with warburtons crumpets :geek:

I know your game Leigh :rules: If I were to dissolve information like that, then my chances of entering the 2012 Olympics and getting Gold would be under threat. However I can disclose that I am in talks with Mcvities, as under this economic climate we are in they have made cutbacks and changed their recipe slightly over the years and it is throwing all my calculations out a bit. Lurpak and crumpets (y) Must admit when it comes to things like that I am a Ying & Yang guy. It must be cold Marg or Butter with just warm crumpets, Toast, Teacakes or whatever.

Get a twix, bite both ends off, then hey presto, a biscuit based tea straw!

The cheapskate's TimTam Slam!

I do like to see a lady unafraid to dunk-'n'-suck...

[youtube]BHzMfZ1FaqA[/youtube]

[youtube]NplQNaU1SyM[/youtube]

This thread has got me fancying a large mug of coffee & my favourite biscuits, hahaha wonderfully done. You make us tea & coffee drinkers proud :}

Back