Just in case you hadn't seen YN622C-TX released.

Hi, sorry to jump your thread but after a little while of looking I'm going to buy some triggers. I want TTL and have previously been recommended YN-622Ns.
Are these still the best options for a multi flash setup?

Is it worth getting the YN-622n TX as I have a SB910 which I believe works as a master controller if put on a standard 622?

Any way of telling if my YN 560 Mk 3's are post Jan 2014 and so controllable?
I bought them after that but would like to make sure.

Also am I right in thinking the Canon 420EX I also have but never use because it has no manual control WOULD be manually controllable off camera using this?
If so, this would let me control 3 flashes remotely which is super attractive,..

Also am I right in thinking the Canon 420EX I also have but never use because it has no manual control WOULD be manually controllable off camera using this?
If so, this would let me control 3 flashes remotely which is super attractive,..
This has got complicated because there's now talk of 2 different trigger systems in the thread.

To remote control your flashes you'd need a YN622c-tx, 2 YN622c's, a YN560 tx, and for your YN flashes to be capable of receiving the signal from the 560tx.

btw, I thought that the pre Jan 2014 560's were mkII's? But I'm not an expert, it just strikes me as odd to add a complete function to a product without changing the product nomenclature.

I have the canon 420 EX too. I can use it off camera TTL mode with the YN622C and the YN622 TX. I've read that you can upgrade the firmware on the YN560 TX so that you can control the YN622C's but the update software doesn't work on a mac. Yes, It's very confusing.

This has got complicated because there's now talk of 2 different trigger systems in the thread.

To remote control your flashes you'd need a YN622c-tx, 2 YN622c's, a YN560 tx, and for your YN flashes to be capable of receiving the signal from the 560tx.

btw, I thought that the pre Jan 2014 560's were mkII's? But I'm not an expert, it just strikes me as odd to add a complete function to a product without changing the product nomenclature.

I know, so complicated. But I think that may have been my fault. Sorry!

:D

. I've read that you can upgrade the firmware on the YN560 TX so that you can control the YN622C's but the update software doesn't work on a mac. Yes, It's very confusing.
I didn't know that, but it's interesting.

I know, so complicated. But I think that may have been my fault. Sorry!

:D
I don't think it's your fault that it's so complicated :)

I didn't know that, but it's interesting.

I don't think it's your fault that it's so complicated :)

Yea, I'm sure you can control them, but I've yet to make it work so i'll keep you posted.

So I had a meltdown of this on a shoot on Thurs. shot 3 hours no problem. Then last shot of day it stopped triggering. Did the obvious off and on, checked channels and groups but to no joy.

It would trigger a test but then would not do anything else or test again. The red light came on the tx whe triggering and that was it.

Been so busy since that haven't had chance til today. Any ideas?

Hi guys

Got my triggers off ebay, cheaper if you buy the two or three packs. Useful with the canon 430ex ii and i also use them for triggering my main Bowens studio flash. As been previously said the camera flash menu is dire, but with this controller its so easy to adjust the flash power, even on different channels, all from the camera in seconds. as you might have already guessed, i'm well impressed : )
Yongnuo YN622C-TX Controller
Yongnuo YN-622C Transciever x 3

Mark

Back