Just some street photography around Chester

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a day away from work to go get some street shots done today - was good fun with loads of people shopping. Have lots more to process but particularly liked these few - the slightly rougher bokeh/gradients between colours seems to be as a result of saving as jpegs, doesn't look anywhere near as bad in the full sized files - honest :)

C&C welcome & appreciated.

Cheers all :)

Processing is constant and stands out from the usual B&W, although a bit instagram for me, but if that's your style that's fine. It works well for the first image.
#1 - love the vacant stare, and the blurred background, I might have put him slightly left of centre because of the way he's looking.
#2 - good capture of the look, love the height difference
#3- great interaction between the subject and sign
#4 - good character capture.

Interstign set - thanks, look forward to seeing more.

Good set Mike the expression on the first is excellent and the context of the sign and the guy is apt.

Steve

Cheers David & Byker for the feedback, was good getting out with the camera, has been a short while.

Nice pictures! What body and lens you used for the first picture?

Cheers for the feedback mate, I'm still waiting on getting my 85mm so took this with my 80-200 on a D300 - usually try to keep it at the lower end of the zoom but was nice having the option to zoom as I usually use primes.

Good set Mike the expression on the first is excellent and the context of the sign and the guy is apt.

Steve

Thanks Steve, was made up when he looked over - I'd have liked the sign to be a bit more in focus but he couldn't have timed it better :)

I really like those & glad you're not going with the tired cliche that B&W images are somehow more sophisticated!

Back