Critique Just the ginger cat

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a couple of pics of my cat.
Any thoughts on which you prefer and why would be gratefully received.
View attachment 15686

Then I had another play with it in lightroom, and ended up with this image, (don't ask how I got this as I pressed everything and slid lots of sliders!!)....not sure I should of kept the eyes green?
View attachment 15682

All feedback, good or bad welcomed, I'm pretty thick skinned! :cool:....Just want to take better pictures!

Thanks for the feedback minnnt....if I'm honest, I can't really remember too much about taking the photo, (the cat is pretty photogenic so I've taken loads of pics of him), but it would of been all natural light, or, with the flash off the camera as well, as that's all I've got, sun or flash! I think it was a sunny day and the background was the back of the garage, which I did manage to darken/shade it out a bit more in lightroom, (somehow!) but it was very dark anyhow.

Surely the one defining feature of a ginger cat, is it's colour? Why remove it? Also... spot colour... bit amateurish if you ask me... it also just makes the eyes look weird.

Definitely colour.. but tone tone it down a bit. Not sure it's because of the dark background, but it looks excessively warm here.

there is rarely a good reason for selective colour. Unless you wanted the demon cat look, the first is better. Although I would take the brightness down just a tad ;)

daz 22-1 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

would like to see the colour version..oops i just did
cats look better in their original tint albeit with a dose of pp

cheers
geof

Last edited:
Thank you all for taking the time to give me feedback. I've taken note of all the comments,.and hopefully I'll be able to use your feedback to improve my images! :)

Colour version for me....But tone it down a wee bit! The eyes look slightly demonic... Other than that, I love it.:)

I really like the first one, but it does look better toned down slightly. I must be an amateur because I also like the second one :D

Last edited:
Back