Juv pied wagtail

The editing looks really good, a very pleasing image :)

Very nice environmental shot Nigel, eye sharp just goes to show do always need to b a frame filler of the bird

This is a lovely shot including the framing and location. I can't see what C&C can apply to be honest.

I spent this afternoon in our summer house and our regular grey visited and stayed bobbing its tail up and down and searching for insects for about 20 minutes.

Very decent natural shot there china. Just shows with the right technique, attention to framing, composition and detail how less can often be more. I'd rather see a shot like this than something crammed up tight in the middle of the frame.

I like bird shots in their natural environment ,and while I like the comp in this I personally would have liked to less foreground (rock) in this instance ,just my take in on and hope you don't mind the edit as this is what I would have done, by no means am I saying my version is right ,just my view on it that's all(y)View attachment 23943

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I looked at a tighter crop Den, but to be honest, I prefered it wider.

Last edited:
Each to their own, as said not saying mine version is right or wrong its just nice though to see how each individual photographer sees and wants out of a image...

This is my second response and having seen the crop ,for me, it's taken something away, even the holly leaf on the left plays a role in the greater picture because of the yellow of it and also the moss on the rock by it .I think that's it..the original is a 'whole scene' and the wagtail is 'part' of it..The original accentuates the surroundings the wagtail is in. It's just so well balanced and the more I look at it the more I like it.

Back