Wild Juvenile Imperial Eagle

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Getting onto this large area of steppe land before sunrise was worth it to get this juvenile Imperial Eagle catch the first soft red light of sunrise. This was exactly what i had in my mind with the bird taking on the unusual colour at sunrise. The Gredos mountains in the background with their usual splattering of cloud cover serve as a suitable backdrop in this image

First Light by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Another "Cracking" wildlife style capture Mark, with some lovely morning light & colours.

Wonderful, only spoilt by the ring! could you get any with only the mountains as a background?

Wonderful, only spoilt by the ring! could you get any with only the mountains as a background?
I have had a look and the ones with the ground missing seem to not look great, i prefer a little bit of grass to work of ground the image if you know what i mean. Anyway here is an adult Imperial Eagle on the high perch in front of the mountains-

Adult Imperial Eagle by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Very nice Mark! I hear what you say about the grass but this would look great in a much tighter crop of the bird and mountains imho. TFS

I must admit I'm not really a fan of birds at "golden hour". The subtlety of the bird's colours is lost under an orange glow. The ring is unfortunate and the way the top of the eagle's head just breaks the "horizon". So the top one gets a down vote from me. Obviously I'd love to have been there and probably wouldn't have done much better in the circumstances.

I prefer the adult bird on the high perch. There seems to be a difference of opinion about this - tighter crop or "bird in the landscape"? Both have their place. I'd probably play around with different crops and see which worked best for me.

Back