Juvenille Pheasant near Birmingham City centre

Name
Red- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Snappa
Edit My Images
No
This little fella has been wandering around our cul de sac near Birmingham city centre for the past couple of days.

Last edited:
Red,

I'd really love to know what exactly this is,I'm stumped and even with a bit of knowledge can't find an ID. It isn't young: the spurs are too long. tis probably a lass.

It's pecking at the red car and looking down because it's an escaped captive bird .

Phessey feeders and drinkers are oft coloured red this family of birds are attracted to it like ya domestic chucks which are also pheasants. There is a type of feeder that has a red disc the bird pecks at,the feeder then despenses food . So it's pecking the car and looking down because red things feed it:)

Someone close to you keeps ornamental pheasants as a hobby and has lost one ,it might be worth contacting local places like animal shelters RSPCA might be also worth catching and taking somewhere such. It might not be the sharpest tool in the box with regards to traffic or predation for that matter.

I wonder if it's a hybrid?? Hopefully someone will put me out of my misery:LOL::LOL:

not much help mate ID wise you are not close to the botanic gardens are ya mate? Do they keep ornamental birds like this??

cheers for the vid.

stu

Its a female pheasant Its tail should be longer so I suspect its been hand reared and they get bored and peck each others tails; Or it could be a corncrake

Last edited:
Looks more English Partridge than Hen Pheasant to me, does have the red legs so could be a Red leg partridge, quite young so hard to tell. I think it's pecking the car due to seeing it's own reflection.

Back