K & F Concept

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Hey everyone.

I’ve been looking at the filters from this company. Any one have any real world experience with them?

Thanks

I've bought them in the past but have no real way to determine whether they are any good or not.

I've used the black & white filters (red/orange/yellow) and they do appear to increase contrast differently because I tested them to see what they did in real-world (rather than internet) scenarios.
I've also used the IR filters which seem to work ok. Again, I'm filtering for invisible light, so it's hard to know whether it worked or not :) I'm not sure I'm prepared to stump up the money for a B&W/Hoya one to compare.

The only downside is that the filters I've used (mostly 77mm ones) don't have the same easy-screw-on feel that Hoya & B&W have and feel a little tight in the thread. I get the feeling that if I go too tight I'll need a wrench to get them off. Not happened yet though.

I bought the K&F ND FIlters, they have some good build quality- in regards to whether they trump any other filters I simply don't know as I havent ever sed anything premium, this was £64 for ND4, ND8, ND64 and ND1000. They have given me some good results, although the photos remain on the cutting room floor but they appear to do the job!

I have also bought the adapter rings that K&F do so I can use the 77mm filters on all my lenses which is good quality, metal and appear to be rock solid.

Thanks Ian and James That’s really helpful.

Bought a 77mm protector filter from them, the top range Nano X one and it is a bit cheaper than Hoya.
Buy from their website as they are cheaper than Amazon and if I remember you get free delivery.

I have a set of their magnetic filters, bought from them direct and delivered promptly.
Seem to be good quality and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

I have a set of their magnetic filters, bought from them direct and delivered promptly.
Seem to be good quality and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Do you have any issue with the strength of the magnets? A few reviews say they aren't very strong.

Do you have any issue with the strength of the magnets? A few reviews say they aren't very strong.
None at all, they stay in place and that includes the excellent lens cap lens cap.
Not sure how some people treat their gear, but under normal use conditions they are fine.

I have a combination CP and variable ND filter from K&F and find the results very satisfactory (y)

Back