Keeping Things In Perspective

Ian D J

Michael Fish
Name
Ian D J
Edit My Images
Yes
This may be a bit of a marmite shot, but this is my workplace taken with my S5600 earlier on today.

Perspective.jpg

Thought I'd make use of that rare period in the year when them tomato greenhouses are completely devoid of plants as we prepare everything for next year's growing season.
Feel free to take this one apart as I know this will be "painful to the eyes" . . . but then again, some of you may even like it!

Well I would view this as an abstract and as such the contrasty processing adds to the effect for me, I really like this Ian.

Gotta agree too... Superb Ian... My eyes are doing very odd things, but excellent (y)

My eyes are doing very odd things

Yep, doing funny things to my eyes too! I kinda like it, though would prefer more variation in the light as you get deeper into the greenhouse.

Wow thats great :) It just draws you into that rectangle!!!

Its bigger than my office too :D

Nice one Ian!

Wow! I didn't expect that much positive comments! Thank you all. I would've thought it might be too "painful" for you to look at for too long so I'm surprised you all like it. :)

Indeed, I gave the contrast a bit of a tweak in order to ease on the white parts (where the floor sheeting is) while at the same time retain as much detail I can in the metal work and on the glasswork. I even added the most slightest bit of vignetting hoping it causes the viewer's eyes to pull towards the center of the image, even though the general scenery does it for you anyway. Then I gave the whole thing a sharpen.

I'd like to add that the positioning prior to the shot looks bang on as does the final cropping(y).

Great shot Ian!
I love all the framing and it is a great insight!
Works awesome as a B&W!

:) :) :) :) Just came home from work and thought I'd catch up on this thread . . . and I'm sure am glad I had done so! (y)
I took this one handheld using my S5600 (also took a couple of others) and the one I chose didn't even need any rotating! Just did the crop to get rid of a large metal beam spanning the top of the picture which I thought was distracting.
As always, thanks for all the positive comments, glad I was brave enough to display that photo after all! :)

Like that Ian - very mesmerising - and the PP is spot on to enhance that.

Back