Keeping up to date with usage?

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
No
Howdy - looking for a bit of advice on how people keep up with usage. I know in the background my agency is also doing the checks but from a personal point of view I'd like to keep my own eye on things. The trouble is I don't want to have to stand and flick through 20 newspapers every day in my local newsagents - I just found out about a website called PressDisplay .. looks to be £20 per month ... does anyone use it / find it useful? Any other tips on keeping up to date with usage? (perhaps I should apply for a 2nd job as a paperboy !)

It's not just for my own images - would also like to keep up with what has been used at games from other folks ... as a bench mark for my own progress ..

Advice, as always, most welcome.

regards,

Nigel

I leave mine to agency with it all being setup as self billing. If a payment comes through that wasn't seen in papers then we try to get the clipping from the publication. checked press display before but don't have a huge need for it

My ageny has a great check going on & very rarely misses anything (sometimes regional differences occur), but I also check out the papers via good old leg work at my local newsagency I'm afraid Nigel!. If you want to invest £20 a month on press display then good on you!, (you can let me know where my images are saving me a journey to the shop ;)). Kind regards Graham.

ps as a foot note I find keeping an eye out for fellow photographers helps build up a network too!

Nigel

Being a bit pedantic (as you know after I slagged you off in the other thread...) I also keep a spread sheet that links to images used in the Mail Online or Sun online.

The sheet also has links to the clippings that I have scanned.

Shows when I have been, how much, when and averages...

Not important but fun if you like that kind of thing.

I use Press display, so far have caught out three agencies for not paying, to be fair one of them was unaware. Worth the £20 in my opinion

Press Reader is now Press display, much better

I quite enjoy a trip to the shop and seeing a show. However not seeing a show can be grim if you've got a cracking goal/cele

And how long do you remember your images from games? If you check the papers (in the newsagent or online).... let's say a paper uses an archive image of Lampard.
Image might be two years old - has no image credits.. would you remember if you took that image two years ago?? Or are you trusting that the paper will automatically pay.
What about in 5.. 10... 15 years?? Do you think one still has to keep track of usage if a very old archive image gets picked up?

Looking out for each other works too as Graham said, Now, Anyone know anyone from Leamington Spa, Need their Courier sending through when its out next week. Anyone help? Courier said they will send me one but want back up plan to get one also as its my proof, Thanks

Back