Kelly Hall Tarn

Everything on and in the water is very pleasing. The colour, contrast and sharpness is spot on. However, the tree reaching up to the top frame makes the whole scene feel disjointed. If this were my shot, I think I would lose the bank all together.

Thanks for your views Scott sorry you don't care for the composition.

I like this, the tree and its reflection are spot on for me

Les ;)

I like it, looks like a great location for a golden hour visit.
I'd have personally shot this portrait, giving more space above the tree for it to breathe while keeping those lovely lily's in the foreground.

Thanks all for the feedback and fair comment on the portrait Jake it is something I don,t often consider but in this case may have been ok.

Cheers Steve for taking the time , next visit to this location I will try a portrait.

Despite it being the lakes its not a location I've done. Is it possible to get closer to the lillies and make them a wee bit more impressive. I'm with Jake re the portrait mode and judging by the reflected cloud giving the tree more space would have resulted in some nice cloudage as well.

Sorry Mark only just seen your reply, The only way to get closer to the lilies would be to wade into the tarn but i can see your point about them being more impressive in the frame .

I think it looks good as it is , that's the thing with Landscapes they need to be in Landscape view , most of the time......

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve i think we are on the same wave length ! but i can see the other peoples view also about the portrait .

I think it looks good as it is , that's the thing with Landscapes they need to be in Landscape view , most of the time......

Cheers

Steve
Nonononono Landscape aspect is not compulsory for landscapes, not even most of the time. :)

It's a good shot and a great location and like everyone else feel it could be improved in portrait orientation.

Back