Kids

Name
Mac
Edit My Images
No
I havent posted my pics here for a while so I thought I should get myself in gear and share some candids around the area:

Here are a few fun ones to kick off:

5347020363_cf1c11f2d0_z.jpg

5347019607_e2f8291878_z.jpg

5347018755_8ca63b305c_z.jpg

5338233819_dab063ee47_z.jpg

Forgot to add this one and its my favourite - Check out our icicles!
5347057753_d57d643698_z.jpg

Last edited:
A great set, Jen - only thing I'm not keen on is the crop on No 3 (probably too much space above and not enough body below, if you get my drift?). (y)

I really like these Jen - particularly the last one :) Please can you share the EXIF on that one???

These are great! Just the sort of thing I want to do soon!

I absolutely LOVE #1. We just had some snow in our area. What is the technique to have the exposure read correctly on the bright snow? Did u used grey card?
#3 is lovely, too much tree IMHO on a right....
Thanks for sharing :)

Very nice (y)

Thank you.

A great set, Jen - only thing I'm not keen on is the crop on No 3 (probably too much space above and not enough body below, if you get my drift?). (y)

Hi Derek - yes I thought that too, I have a little more underneath him but not enough in the original. From memory I am sure I chopped his hand off! lol

I really like these Jen - particularly the last one :) Please can you share the EXIF on that one???

Hi there - yes this was a tricky one to expose as the room was pitch black. The settings are ISO 6400, F1.8 @1/50. I wanted grain in this one as I was looking for a particular finish on it. Thanks for your kind comment.

These are great! Just the sort of thing I want to do soon!
Thanks (y)

I absolutely LOVE #1. We just had some snow in our area. What is the technique to have the exposure read correctly on the bright snow? Did u used grey card?

I expose for the snow then add a stop to make it look white rather than grey. In this instance I didnt use my grey card and shot in auto WB as we were having a snowball fight in the garden.

Yes, I havent cropped the tree photo yet - and I would certainly crop off the top and rhs.
Thanks for your comments(y)

Last edited:
Really nice, 1 & 3 are the picks for me - although the last is quite interesting too.

as everyone else said a lovely set.
3 and 4 are my favorites for me especialy 3 the sharpness and colours are great,
can i ask what lens these were taken with.
wish my daughter would stay still enough to take these kind of photos

Lovely set, These are some beautifully shot portraits!

Lovely set, the 1st one is def favorite though, very nice!

Thank you :)

Really nice, 1 & 3 are the picks for me - although the last is quite interesting too.

Cheers:)

as everyone else said a lovely set.
3 and 4 are my favorites for me especialy 3 the sharpness and colours are great,
can i ask what lens these were taken with.
wish my daughter would stay still enough to take these kind of photos

I used my 85mm on all of them, except the last one was my 50mm
Thanks for your kind comment.

+1 and for the same shot would have gone slightly to the left (more angle to change the plane of focus so would have got more of the tree/wall) in focus. overall fantastic set(y)

Loving this set!

#2 is brilliant, can see my daughter wanted to do that!

1. Cute
2. Nice catch!
3. Nice shot, but I think I'd play with a crop LHS, or even make it landscape
4. Nice.
5. Brrrrrrr - cold :)

Where were these shot Jen?

+1 and for the same shot would have gone slightly to the left (more angle to change the plane of focus so would have got more of the tree/wall) in focus. overall fantastic set(y)

Thanks for your feedback. I have more of the wall and the trees in the original (I think - would need to check :thinking:) I actually wanted the wall partly out of focus though.

love the bokeh with the 85mm , was it taken wide open?

I think F1.8 or f2.

These are beautiful photos! Love them :)

Loving this set!

#2 is brilliant, can see my daughter wanted to do that!

Thank you - nr 2 is one of a bigger set but I just chose the first one I saw in my file. It was lots of fun at the time. :)

Absolutely love the first one, Jen. She looks like a little gunfighter ready for action. Must be the snowball fighting. ;)

1. Cute
2. Nice catch!
3. Nice shot, but I think I'd play with a crop LHS, or even make it landscape
4. Nice.
5. Brrrrrrr - cold :)

Where were these shot Jen?

Thanks Fly TVR - These were either shot in my house, garden or in a park. My kids are the hardest subjects to photograph but Dolly Mixtures usually come in handy :)

Originally Posted by Olgale

I expose for the snow then add a stop to make it look white rather than grey. In this instance I didnt use my grey card and shot in auto WB as we were having a snowball fight in the garden

Good tip, thanks! I tried it yesterday. :D Not sure I got anything good as
a) my super model (4.5y daughter) was too excited playing with snow
b) sun was already too low.
I'll process over the weekend to see if I got something good :cool:

Back