Critique Kilchurn Castle this AM: Light and reflections.

Just lovely Steve.

I'm happy with it. I've been thinking on it. It needs a slight recrop which I will do tonight. There is slightly more reflection than subject, its like 49:51 and its doing my head in looking at it. Its a real error on my part, luckily its not on sale so can redo in 3 mins.

Look at the LHS at the top and bottom and you will see what I mean

I'm happy with it. I've been thinking on it. It needs a slight recrop which I will do tonight. There is slightly more reflection than subject, its like 49:51 and its doing my head in looking at it. Its a real error on my part, luckily its not on sale so can redo in 3 mins.

Look at the LHS at the top and bottom and you will see what I mean

I didn't want to mention it and wind you up!

I bet you have to have the tv volume on an even number or one ending in 5 too?!

Joking aside, your attention to detail clearly defines your style of what you like and what you produce photographically. Which is a good thing.

Reactions: ST4
Steve,
I love shots like this in the wide wide open, probably miles from everywhere but what really gets my goat is them bloody pylons, they are everywhere.

Reactions: ST4
I didn't want to mention it and wind you up!

I bet you have to have the tv volume on an even number or one ending in 5 too?!

Joking aside, your attention to detail clearly defines your style of what you like and what you produce photographically. Which is a good thing.

No, the TV volume and other OCD things I am ok with. Seating positions set me off. I have a surround sound system at home and the TV centred in the room. And I centred the centre line of the seat with the centre of the room, and did the same with the TV. The speakers are of course symettically placed in the room and measured from the distance of the seat.

Same with my car, I have the seating position exactly marked, the Mercedes has memory seats but once happy with the seat in a non memory seat card I'd measure the seat position against the clicks in the runners and mark the one the seat would rest on. I'd then mark the back rest so I could always get the seat back into the exact position after someone else had driven it. I don't know if its a form of OCD, but certain things can be hard to deal with, like lending the car to someone or hoovering the tv room in case I knock a speaker over.

Sensor cleaning is another thing, I clean it all the time and fire it at F22. I once recall taking 3hrs to do it as I needed to get every spot completely off. I managed it but firing it and seeing just one bunny sets me off.

Image done. It was off before, I never normally screw things like that up but was a bit blearey eyed. I was showing it on Flickr to someone today, they loved it and I spotted the flaw and its been distressing me all day.

_DSC9050 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Now I can sleep tonight.

It needed a slight rotation in post, the in camera spirit level had it level but it wasn't quite, just slightly ever so slightly off. I think when I rotated it thats when the error came in, and I didn't crop slightly to compensate.

I took two the same and heres an ever so slightly different one

_DSC9048 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Last edited:
Steve,
I love shots like this in the wide wide open, probably miles from everywhere but what really gets my goat is them bloody pylons, they are everywhere.

I grew up with the Pylons there, I don't really see them and healing them out (properly) so no blemishes are visible when printed big is such a drag I cannot be shagged with it.

Back