Killer Clown Craze !!

Am I the only one who would have no time to do something like this?

I struggle to find enough time to wash the car each week, let alone don a clown outfit to go out scaring people.
You have time to wash your car every week?! Mine gets done every 6months if it's lucky!

You have time to wash your car every week?! Mine gets done every 6months if it's lucky!

I don't have kids to be fair so my weekends can be spent doing what I want to do :).

I still end up with my free time running out most weekends.

When people are looking to buy cars, the first thing they see is how it's been looked after cosmetically, mine will be spotless.

Yeah, I thought the whole clown thing was just a bit of harmless fun. And I think that's what it kind of is - people don't see the harm and it seems like a laugh so they figure why not? Because of course nobody gets hurt.

A friend (early 20s lone female) got followed home by 2 clowns the other night. Of course they probably meant no harm as it was just fun but, you know......

Totally changed my opinion - basically people in masks should not be stalking young women (or anybody really). It's just they happen to be clowns right now. Let's stop it while it's still a bit of fun.

The only clowns that give me nightmares are the 650 vicious nasty clowns that hang out in the House of Commons......

The only clowns that give me nightmares are the 650 vicious nasty clowns that hang out in the House of Commons......

594 maybe 595

It seems it's mutated to terrorist threats in the US.
Kids posting on social media that "SlayaClown" (or some such name) is coming to shoot up a school/college/event.
Several youngsters have been arrested.

I found it annoying as it has ruined my Halloween costume. I had a brilliant scary clown mask but do think that with the current hijack it is a little bit tasteless to use it. Shame as I now have to think of something else.

Might have to resort to my Jason costume instead to try and not be so scary.

I think a Jason costume is pretty scary.
Personally, I'm terrified they'll commission another series of Open All Hours or an Only Fools and Horses Christmas special.

I had a brilliant scary clown mask but do think that with the current hijack it is a little bit tasteless to use it
I can imagine there will be a lot of people wearing just that, just for the hell of it, it may not end well :(

On the bright side, perhaps All Hallows eve ( the begging with menaces version) will be banned in the interest of public safety.

I found it annoying as it has ruined my Halloween costume. I had a brilliant scary clown mask but do think that with the current hijack it is a little bit tasteless to use it. Shame as I now have to think of something else.

Are you not a bit long in the tooth for trick or treating?:)

JP will have to put on his Jason mask to cover up his natural good looks scary clown face! :D

Are you not a bit long in the tooth for trick or treating?:)

You don't know him very well do you? :D

Hehehe, never too old. My mask is very good, it seriously scared off teenagers last year. It was brilliant being out on the road as they come up in all their bravado and then they just run away screaming. hehehe

JP will have to put on his Jason mask to cover up his natural good looks scary clown face! :D

Yup not even my mother loves me :)

4 years ago, I nearly had the perfect "mask" but the scar from ear to ear had healed too well to be scary!

The police have sent a note to the parents of children at my son's (primary) school. Can't wait to meet the muppets and unlicensed bikers with masks tearing through the roads as they did last year.

Notice from the metropolitan police
met.png
You will be aware that there have been a few incidents of so called “Killer Clowns”, where someone dressed as a scary clown has thought it is okay to frighten children when they leave school. The number of incidents has been small – only one reported incident in Lewisham borough at this time. But Social Media has spread fear by saying that clowns will be turning up at specific schools.

THESE CLOWNS ARE BULLIES. By making people feel frightened, anxious and intimidated they are committing a Criminal offence, and can be arrested and prosecuted by police.

What can you do?

Here are some tips to help you stay safe and to help prevent any more children being frightened.

General Safety

Pay attention to what is going on around you – If anyone makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, move away to an area where you feel safe and tell someone you trust.

Know your area – read the road names that you walk along – so if you need to call police for any reason you know exactly where you are

Stick to lit areas, and walk in a group if you can

If you see a Scary Clown

If you see someone dressed as a clown, and think that they may be a “Scary Clown”

Call 999 as soon as you are in a safe place. This is an Emergency call.

Police will want to know where you are, where you saw the clown and a description of what they looked like. If they were carrying anything what did it look like? If they walked off what direction did they walk off in? If they got in a car write down the number plate of the car if you can, and colour and make if you are near enough to do so. DO NOT go nearer just to get a better view – YOU need to be safe first.

If you hear about “killer Clowns” saying places they are going to target on any Social media sites:

CALL POLICE on telephone number 101. Let them know what site, date and time it was posted, and what was said.

Halloween should be a fun time for children, and NO ONE has the right to make you feel unsafe. With your help we can stop those bullies so you can enjoy this time.

If you see someone dressed as a clown, and think that they may be a “Scary Clown”

Call 999 as soon as you are in a safe place. This is an Emergency call.

It's all a bit of misdirection really. We shouldn't need to stop people dressing as clowns. We need to stop people acting like idiots and scaring people. What they wear at the time is actually irrelevant.

Reactions: Nod
Are people who work as clowns in circuses or for birthday parties etc finding there work is drying up right now?

Just like when poor, honest construction workers were put in fear of their livelihood by the Village People.

And all those poor cowboys and Indians! :eek: :D

Oh yeah, that must be it.
Colour me petrified. :D

There's a sofa in here for two............Hold on that Colour me happy, O well

On a more on topic note these people doing this are just real Bozo's This world is a circus sometimes, we need to get to the bottom of it all and find the ring leader!

I was at a funeral the other day and as I was getting into my car to leave the crematorium an idiot jumped out with a clown mask on and made some bizarre noise. It wasn't as bizarre as the noise he made when I punched him in the throat and he was rolling around trying to get his breath back..... I don't go around hitting people usually and as I explained to this 'clown', the reason I reacted like that was his total lack of respect for the fact that he was in a cemetery, doing this at a place where many elderly people had just said their goodbyes to my Uncle who was 83. He was 19 years old so should know better!! Thankfully I was the last person leaving and they did not have to see this idiot. He is lucky..... I had some superglue in the boot of my car and this plant pot was almost wearing that mask permanently. He had a mate with him that was watching from about 100 yards, whether he was filming I have no idea.

Chris

Back