Kingfisher And Dipper

Nice pair of shots, very jealous of you getting a Dipper :)

Two lovely images. Particularly like the dipper also. Great use of the Nikon V2.

Two good shots Ian (y),

Dipper's the pick for me. I'll admit, I thought you'd lost some of the whites but after checking you haven't, maybe pull the highlights down a little just in that area?

The Kingfisher is superb but let down by the fencing, as much as I try I cant see round it!

I am very jealous. I love photograping wildlife but the only kingfisher I've ever seen was just a blue flash. How do you guys do it? I could go to a paid hide of course and I may do yet but I would love to see, let alone photograph a wild one, especially with my dog in tow.

Lovely images, I love the dipper, now I do have loads of photos of them as we have them on our doorstep, almost literally.

Thank you for all the nice comments folks :)

Two good shots Ian (y),

Dipper's the pick for me. I'll admit, I thought you'd lost some of the whites but after checking you haven't, maybe pull the highlights down a little just in that area?

The Kingfisher is superb but let down by the fencing, as much as I try I cant see round it!

Cheers Phil, I'll look at pulling the whites down, and I totally agree about the fence, my favorite shot from yesterday is this one :)

Fantastic images with the V2 and at those shutter speeds (y)

I was out for a couple of hours with mine yesterday, took 400-odd shots and binned them all lol.

Are you shooting in bursts of 15 fps?

thank you Wez, I usually shoot a burst of three when photographing birds, I find that one shot out of the three is always slightly sharper (that may just be my technique that's not very good), with the V2 on silent it's a little harder to judge a burst of three, if I tell the truth I thought I had it set on 5 fps not 15fps, but yes I shoot in bursts :)

I am very jealous. I love photograping wildlife but the only kingfisher I've ever seen was just a blue flash. How do you guys do it? I could go to a paid hide of course and I may do yet but I would love to see, let alone photograph a wild one, especially with my dog in tow.

Lovely images, I love the dipper, now I do have loads of photos of them as we have them on our doorstep, almost literally.

Thank you Dale, I'm retired so I get out at least three times a day with the dog, and it's very rare I don't take the camera with me, so days like this come along once in awhile, there are lots of times I see nothing at all on our walks, it's a case of put in the hours take out the profits, if you have Dippers on your doorstep, I hope you have good damp proofing lol :LOL:

Back