Kingfisher Attempt #2!

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
No
Hello There!

After recently discovering a pair of Kingfishers on my doorstep..

(yes, despite travelling miles around to find them, they are 10 minutes walk from my doorstep in the heart of London)

They have successfully mated, and have built a nest.. with the male putting food on the plate, whilst the female is the housewife.

After just 1 day for finding these Kingfishers, i've already found his favirote fishing.. which isn't really a perch. It's a post on the end of a small Jetti.

Although un-natural looking as it is, i'm just happy that i'm getting the best shots of the Kingfisher that i've ever seen. It's the closest i've ever been to one and it's amazing just watching him, let alone photographing him.

Would appreciate some tricks and tips from you pro's and others with experience with Kingfishers!
C&C most welcome!

Alex

kingdesk.jpg

Panasonic GH1 - Sigma 50-500mm

It is a nice shot, with a great background. Is it possible to get the light from the other angle to eliminate the shadows?

You could also try when the light isn't so harsh, slightly hazy is better than full sun.

just a thought but couldnt you add your own perch to the post (eg. lean or tie it on) that way you could change the perch whenever you wanted...

Where abouts are they taken exactly? May have a look myself tomorrow, if it's nice!

Back