Kingfisher - Glasgow

Edit My Images
No
It's rare to find wildlife in the middle of a busy city, let alone a river that runs through it. I've been watching these Kingfisher now for well over 8 months. I've been down everyday since, and just the past couple of days I've managed some of the closest shots I've ever had before. I'm really proud of the shots and equally as proud at the effort we've put in for them. Owe some success to my buddy Steven McGrath who is a pretty well known wildlife photographer in Glasgow. Anyway enough chat :)

Hope you enjoy the pics as much as I have trying to get them :)

Cheers,

Paul
Glasgow, Scotland.

There's nothing not to enjoy about these Paul. Its always good to see a KF, and these are excellent images, well done on all you have done for them, and for taking the shots, you should rightly be proud (y)

Thanks Trev :)

Should have added that they were taken on the Canon 1D-MKIII and 400mm f/5.6L

I can see myself getting quite addicted to this lol

Thanks Trev :)

Should have added that they were taken on the Canon 1D-MKIII and 400mm f/5.6L

I can see myself getting quite addicted to this lol

:D Its a slippery slope that you have just started on, I look forward to seeing more :)

good stuff, I have never had the pleasure of even seeing one let alone being able to shoot one unfortunately! :(

Cracking set of images Paul.

yip a very very nice set bud well done

So so beautiful, Paul. I have had one appear around my way when out walking the dog. But I haven't seen him for a bit. I hope I haven't missed him. :)

Nothing wrong with them. Good to have them in the locale you describe. Not the type of 'colourful burd' I've on my many trips doon there:)

Nice shots Paul and photographing them has become very addictive to me also except my local spot I only see a female

Hi Paul, well done on your best Kingy shots to date, with Stevens help you won't go far wrong as I know his work. They do become addictive and I still get a real thrill every time one perches in front of me. I may post a few myself later after seeing these

Those are cracking photos, I'm almost thinking I might buy a 400mm 5.6 myself and replace my Sigma 150-500mm. Once again nice job.

Nice to see them all together Paul :)

Perfect shots! :)

Cheers folks. Someone trashed our perch site the other day. This venture we have has attracted a lot of heat. Didn't realise there was so many people who wanted pics of this bird. We're laying low for a while to let the bird find its mate and pair up for the nesting season. Bird first pics last.

Back