Kingfisher portraits.

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
This pair have successfully fedged their second brood this week. The male has been chasing after the young with fish and is looking a bit tattier than the female.
My self challenge this week has been to get some clean backgrounds, so I have been repositioning the perches. I like the results. WDYT

5909927364_e9dbb54c41_o.jpg

5909927354_18f20d6c62_o.jpg

5902215587_d6f49dfe79_o.jpg

5902775968_6345f0917b_o.jpg

5902770378_83506d9364_o.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Marty

I think I'm going to stop looking at your threads :crying:

Utterly stunning, in every way mate.
You cannot imagine how jealous I am..........

these are fantastic! So clear. how long was he there for? looks like it was a while and you even managed to change position a bit?

Again awesome picture`s (y)

These are superb.. having never seen a Kingfisher how do you go about taking suh a fine image
presumably your in a hide - do you sit there for 6 hours at a time or is there a pattern as to when it shows up

not really being a 'Birder'

a few years ago an eagle owl took up residence next to a quarry I used to go in a lot.. and I spent hours sat there there snapping and watching it and it had its own favourite rocks and branches that it likes to use
is the Kingfisher the same... a couple of weeks ago the guy on springwatch went looking for a kingfisher and sat totally still for hours after hour and he fell asleep and missed the action when the bird landed on his perch LOL

A fantastic set of images it looks like you have had a very good year for Kingfishers. (y)(y) Keep up the good work
Regards
Richard

A fantastic set of images it looks like you have had a very good year for Kingfishers. (y)(y) Keep up the good work
Regards
Richard
Thanks Richard. Its been a fantastic year so far 2 broods fledged and a third on the way hopefully.

These are superb.. having never seen a Kingfisher how do you go about taking suh a fine image
presumably your in a hide - do you sit there for 6 hours at a time or is there a pattern as to when it shows up
I am in a hide m8 and its frightening how quick 2 hours can turn into10 hours lol. But its normaly worth it.

I think I'm going to stop looking at your threads :crying:

Utterly stunning, in every way mate.
You cannot imagine how jealous I am..........
Thanks Andy.
Dont stop looking m8 you never know what I might post next.

another nice set m8, gotta be some of the best i've seen on here keep up the good work (y)
Thanks Lea. I learned from the best :LOL:

Thank you all for your comments.:)

Down by us i don't think it has been such a good year for them. I have only seen a couple so im glad it's different with you keep up the good work
Regards
Richard

As a newbie on here, for me these pictures are an absolute inspiration. (Just wish we had some kingfishers around here.)

Back