Wild Kingfisher with fish mid flight

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
DSC08912.jpeg

Was watching this little guy dive bombing fish from a tree to the left of the image from around 25 metres away. Was using 600 with a 1.4tc and it was barely long enough. This is a 100% cropped image as I couldn’t get closer (bird hide!) but I’m happy with the result.

Taken on A1 with 600GM4+1.4tc (840mm)

Edit, seems I can’t upload the much better version so you’ll have to make do with an iPhones “large” variant ‍♂️

Last edited:
Very speedy little birds, not a bad capture and excellent with a fish. :)

Cool to see, TFS.

I wonder why you can't upload the version you mentioned. Using the forum's uploader, images must be no bigger than 500kb and 1024 px on the longest side.

You could try Flickr if you have an account there, click on 'share' go to BB code, then copy and paste the 1024 on the longest side version link, then paste it in your post here. (y)

Cool to see, TFS.

I wonder why you can't upload the version you mentioned. Using the forum's uploader, images must be no bigger than 500kb and 1024 px on the longest side.

You could try Flickr if you have an account there, click on 'share' go to BB code, then copy and paste the 1024 on the longest side version link, then paste it in your post here. (y)
Yeah I’ll stick it on Flickr tomorrow when I return from a work trip.

Back