Kingfisher

A brilliant shot! (looks like a bullhead has met his match) I have been stalking a wild one near me all year, yesterday I drive over the bridge to cross the river where the kingfisher often flies only to look out the window and see the little fellow sat on a broken branch, IF I had had the camera out of the bag I'd have been too close! Anyway we watched for 60 seconds and then it flew off, walked back 20mins later and it was back on the branch, shame the light was near dusk and he/she did not take to me walking near by and flew off again. The river is right on the back of our house so just need to spend more time and map out where they like to perch, if I ever get a shot like this I will be VERY happy! Something to try and aim for methinks!

A brilliant shot! (looks like a bullhead has met his match) I have been stalking a wild one near me all year, yesterday I drive over the bridge to cross the river where the kingfisher often flies only to look out the window and see the little fellow sat on a broken branch, IF I had had the camera out of the bag I'd have been too close! Anyway we watched for 60 seconds and then it flew off, walked back 20mins later and it was back on the branch, shame the light was near dusk and he/she did not take to me walking near by and flew off again. The river is right on the back of our house so just need to spend more time and map out where they like to perch, if I ever get a shot like this I will be VERY happy! Something to try and aim for methinks!
Thanks for the comment,Kingfishers just need time and patience....

den said:
Thanks for the comment,Kingfishers just need time and patience....
Beauty of a Kingfisher shot with his Dinner Dennis:clap::clap::clap::clap: I got the time I got the patience but I got no bloody Kingfishers:(:(

Prize-winner for sure (y)

Back