Kingfishers

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
First a big thanks to Pikeman for pointing me in the right direction, shame the weather wasnt kind, and sky was pooooor

Taken this morning, Teifi Marshes in Wales. 1D Mk3 and 600 F4L plus 1.4 TC, all un-cropped

I thought this was close
Kingfisher.jpg

Then it did this, pretty close this was :)

Kingfisher2.jpg

then........

Kingfisher1.jpg

Wow, brilliant.....(y)

And yes I am jealous as hell.........:D

I like the first shot - the composition (if you took out some of the area to the left) and colours are first rate.

you sure these are not shot in a studio mate...lol :naughty:

im watching you..:cautious:

md:D

Brilliant shots Ian, very showy birds aren't they. (y)

Hmmm Clive quickly dons hard hat to guard against being hit by Ian's big lens!

Not sure about colours in some of them Ian, they just don't look natural unless it's my super duper laptop being the problem!

I hesitate to say it... but I think they are perfect, Ian!!!

Although I hate you people with no family ties who can spend as long out and about as you like! :razz: :bang:

Now we're talkin'! Good stuff Ian. :clap:

:) Cheers CT

I hesitate to say it... but I think they are perfect, Ian!!!

Although I hate you people with no family ties who can spend as long out and about as you like! :razz: :bang:

shhhh dont say the P word ill get a big head ;)

I just wish i could find KF's closer to home i would virtually live there when not at work lol :)

Ian, there are bound to be some in the Northants area.........(y)

The pick for me is that first one Ian, and given the distance you should have the DOF so I'd love to see a tighter crop on this one. Your 1DMK3 should be able to resolve some pretty good detail, even at that distance, and you have some sky detail in that shot too.

Ah gotcha. Were these from a hide then?

I am told we have one on the local river. After seeing these I might just get moving & go for a wee look.

Great shots mate :clap: Glad they turned up for you:) Were they on the tree on the left of the hide .

Wow brilliant shots so glad you managed to get your Kingfisher photos well done :clap:(y)

It was on the branches planted in front of the hide, at one point i thought it was going to sit on the lens hood lol

Told you could get a full frame shot with your 600 . What time did they turn up .

Fantastic - obviously it knew you were there and was well used to people being in the hide.

Back