kirkistown clubmans yesterday,still trying to get my head around this...

Name
Rhory
Edit My Images
Yes
here's just a few from yesterday,still trying to get to grips with the slow shutter speed panning etc ....

how did i do?
DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

i have a few more i'll try and get up later...

comments welcome

Last edited:
here's a few more ,thanks for the confidence boost dude...
DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

the only other "good" ones i have after these are classic bikes but i'll get them up later(i hope)

Last edited:
Doing great! I am getting to grips with panning too!

Stick at it!

cheers fella ,i seem to get some bits of the riders in focus and some bits like the sponsers really out of focus in the same pictures,this gets me down,how do i get the bike,sponsers and rider all in focus ??

any help guys i'd appreciate

For someone 'trying to get to grips with it', you look like you have a fairly firm grasp on the concept to me :clap: The only crit I can see is that some look a little dark and over saturated, but having said that it looks like a bright day which gives harsh shadows so much of that would have been difficult to avoid anyway. Great shots (y)

To get more of the rider/bike in focus is basically same as anything else, extra depth of field and making sure you are focusing in the right place, but a smaller aperture may well bring your shutter speed too low in some conditions unless you are prepared to up ISO at same time. TBH, if these are examples I think you may be worrying unduly :dunno:

Last edited:
just checked there and i see what you mean,the ones i wasn't over happy with where when i was using 1/250,f/9 or f/5 and ISO 400

whereas the "better" ones it had upped itself to around f/14-16,like the ones of Corran Smith (rider 13)

i think i must try harder with the set up next time....roll on the 14th june

I don't think you are doing bad at all there.

My one comment would be one of my stock comments which is that if you are going to crop something, keep the aspect ratio the same as a normal photo (3:2) so it doesn't shout out as CROP.

Good shooting mate. My fav is the 2nd shot of Davey Shields. His bike takes a good photo.

Back