Critique Kirkjufell, Iceland

Great shot, hope to go there myself very soon! the only critique I would have is that i have seen this exact same composition many times before, however not trying to take anything away from your image, it is executed very well. This is a problem for photographers in general and as the world gets smaller how do we retain our individuality within our image making? did you go with an organised tour or make your own plans for the trip?

Great shot, hope to go there myself very soon! the only critique I would have is that i have seen this exact same composition many times before, however not trying to take anything away from your image, it is executed very well. This is a problem for photographers in general and as the world gets smaller how do we retain our individuality within our image making? did you go with an organised tour or make your own plans for the trip?

Yes, you're very right - it has been done before. Finding a unique perspective for a much visited location is very difficult. We spent 2 hours here trying different angles, but in the end this was the best shot. I suppose the trick is to execute it and process it better than the other guy.

We planned our own itinerary. There is a very useful map you can buy, which gives all the iconic photographic locations throughout the country http://www.international-photographer.com/maps/iceland/

Yes - but I have also been on my own with just the wife as well.
You?
James
Not with Light and Land but with my partner a few times. Hoping to go back in October we love place.

Very nice indeed.
Maybe a slightly shorter exposure time would have helped IMO.

Nice shot. I hope to get some as I am going there on Friday. Can`t wait.

Beautiful image, and please don't boost the colours any more.
I don't care how many times I've seen similar, it never gets old.

Back