Knockers and HDD (5 images @ 400 kb each max)

Name
Peter Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
I would like some feedback on what image style people prefer.

The images of the door knockers are for my mum as she wants to turn these into a feature for the bathroom. Which style suits the image the best?
IMG_1704-01.jpg

IMG_1704-02.jpg

IMG_1704-03.jpg

Then had a play about with a HDD. I used the acid action in PS CS2 and also the B/W action that Peter Carr posted in the Liverpool Parade thread.
IMG_1683-01.jpg

IMG_1683-02.jpg

As usual all comments good and bad are welcome.

Blackvault

I like the HDD ones. The doorknocker ones would be better with a bit cropped off the top - the ledge at the top (can't think of the proper name for it) is quite distracting.

the ledge at the top (can't think of the proper name for it)

Plinthe...lintel...or some word that sounds like those anyway. I prefer ledge, much easier :D

I agree it does look a bit distracting,
Out of the 3 knockers, I think I prefer the first one.
The HDD's are good too, with the B&W one being my fave. I think it really suits it. Although I'd like to see more definition or reflection on the platter itself.

Hmm I like 1 & 3. I think it would matter what colours your mom has done the bathroom in crisp and modern I'd go with #3 more homey I'd go with 1. I also would crop off the top maybe do a square....

I like #2 out of 3 knockers. Not sure about B&W and can't say why - may have to come back to that one.

The colour treatment best suits the HDD IMHO (Don't you just love all those acronyms).

Am I the only one who got disappointed when they found out what kind of knockers the thread was about?

Complain to the ASA then :p

Blackvault

I knew there'd be one! ;)

Am I the only one who got disappointed when they found out what kind of knockers the thread was about?

No mate,

I was trying to word a reply to it as soon as I saw the thread title and content but never worked up the nerve to do it, I'll side with you on this one though ;)

No mate,

I was trying to word a reply to it as soon as I saw the thread title and content but never worked up the nerve to do it, I'll side with you on this one though ;)

Sorry to disappoint, hehe. Do you like the photographs tho?

Blackvault

I like the black and white versions of both the knocker and the HDD, the arm on the HDD looks more clean and clinical without colour.

I like the HDD ones. The doorknocker ones would be better with a bit cropped off the top - the ledge at the top (can't think of the proper name for it) is quite distracting.

yeah I agree:) esp the B+W

Back