Knockhill 18 Jun 2022 BSB meet

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a great afternoon up at Knockhill trying to get my skills up on motorsport. Nothing compositionally that I like although the last shot wasn't too bad and has promise. Needed to crank the dehaze up as it was shot through the fence at an angle.
The main objective was improving my panning. As the day went on I got better and better and if the wind hadn't been so strong I think it may have been good enough to push further. I got down to around 1/100th with a pretty tight crop and was getting the odd shot in focus. The background at Knockhill isn't great and no trees or anything that I could get in the foreground. First time I have watched a Superbike race for around 2 decades and boy are they just as fast and noisy as I remember.

_SA10749B by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_SA11440A by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_SA11137A by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_SA10330A by Simon Wootton, on Flickr
_SA13829 by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

That can't be Knockhill, there's a heat-haze in the last picture :)

I think Knockhill is my favourite UK circuit, but unfortunately too far to visit very often...

Nice work Simon, looks like you had a good day. First and last stand out for me. The composition works well in the last shot but I’d also like to see a tighter crop leaving just the two PBM Ducatis against the blue & white kerbs.

Nice work Simon, looks like you had a good day. First and last stand out for me. The composition works well in the last shot but I’d also like to see a tighter crop leaving just the two PBM Ducatis against the blue & white kerbs.
Good shout with the tighter shot. That works better

Back