KpH New to Talk | from Benfleet, Essex

Name
Kev Hurdle
Edit My Images
No
Many of my customers at the studio have discussed TalkPhotography, but only now that I join myself - mainly because I am selling some Nikon gear and to do so I need to write some posts.

So here is the challenge .....

Pick a subject and aks me to write a post about it.

This is limited to 5 ideas and it must be photographic related. Enjoy!

Kev

Hi Kev

I have an image of Benfleet in my head that doesn't involve photogenic locations :), are there any??

David

Hi Kev and :welcome: to the forum

I have an idea, why don't you post something that will persuade the site admins not to permanently disable your classifieds access...

Hint: it'll need to involve lots and lots of sensible and worthwhile contributions to the community, and may also involve a good few months of patience...

errr.... cos I dont want to wait several months ? Happy to contribute but I am sure not many would be interested in my drivel.

Then perhaps you should consider making sensible posts instead of posing drivel...

Post some photos for critique, give some critique to other members, join in on the talk photography day thread, join the Photographer of the Year competition, enter the Facebook photo thread....

Basically spend some time reading the forum, see what is on offer, and join in the community somehow, then maybe the admins may decide not to permanently switch off any classifieds access for you. Or, possibly decide to switch it back on eventually...

To be honest the classifieds arent all that anyway - if you are buying or want to trade up i'd say go to MPB , if you are selling up ebay is your freind.

Hi Kev and welcome - Not sure you've got off on the right foot with your approach. The classifieds have rules regarding post count and time on the forum, which is good to help prevent scammers and the like. As already said, perhaps if you can't wait then ebay will be your friend. The idea is that this is more of a community than just a selling place :D

Hope you stick around, I'm sure you've got lots to offer ................ besides your Nikon gear!!! :D

Thanks peeps....yep may hang around, rules are rules....you dont always understand them but I am sure they are present for a reason. Can't say I usually respond very will to overbearing, egotistical moderators that like to flex their power with words like 'if you are good we may let you in...' type thing - it doesn't appeal. But I am big enough and old enough - I'll get over it :)

Thanks peeps....yep may hang around, rules are rules....you dont always understand them but I am sure they are present for a reason. Can't say I usually respond very will to overbearing, egotistical moderators that like to flex their power with words like 'if you are good we may let you in...' type thing - it doesn't appeal. But I am big enough and old enough - I'll get over it :)

Sure you will, and sure you're old enough to understand we have a job to do, but can also be quite tongue in cheek too...just need to know us a bit better :whistle:

Back