Lady In Red.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I managed to pluck this young lady out of her surroundings with the 50mm 1.2L. I don't think it's quite as sharp as it could be, I'd had a few sherberts when I took this. ;)

3332118886_8e1888a16e_o.jpg

Interestingly though it shows the top of those round oof highlights just to the left of centre cut off across the top, which is the signature of this lens at wide apertures.

It's due to the cone of light at the back of the lens just clipping the mirror in it's raised position. The effect lessens as you stop down, and disappears at about f.5.6. Slightly annoying, but it's a small price to pay for the other qualities of the lens.

Did you consider cropping the image into a portrait and losing what appears to be a disconnected shoulder on the left? She's lovely and I think it would work.

Werll you may have a point Russell, but I only really posted it to show those clipped oof highlights. I'll have a look at it, but it's had more sharpening than I'd have liked which has increased noise. Then there's someone waving that light sabre around in the background. :D

Back