Lady Larvaes/babies/junior? and a woodlouse

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
These were growing quite long.

I'd love to see how they end up quite small and round again or if they shed their skin.

600d sigma 105mm, raynox dcr250, neweer tt520 speedlite, pringles tube, F11, 160th, ISO200

1.. Had to take quite a few shots to get this guy in focus as he kept reaching up toward the camera so had to lean out a lot and back in while it bobbed up an down.
15370962312_df880b5195_b.jpg

15189904687_413b9538ac_b.jpg

15376112282_2a6e99726e_b.jpg

4.. Only now I just realised these a little white mite at the bottom of this image. Must have been extremely small
15189903147_c0e748fe1d_b.jpg

5.. Saw an old dead tree on the ground, couldn't resist rolling it over. Most of the lice and pede's scampered off but I managed to get this group (well, one in focus).
15371267045_f1a5214de2_b.jpg

6.. and now for something different. This IS a bug. It crawled and you can just about see its legs on the top left. What the hell is this ????
15189727360_e91da9a939_b.jpg

Really nice shots Carl, that 1st shot is fab (for me) (y)
The last one, is it a walking Dustbin lol anyway, whatever it is, well spotted and I`m sure someone will ID it.

Really nice shots Carl, that 1st shot is fab (for me) (y)
The last one, is it a walking Dustbin lol anyway, whatever it is, well spotted and I`m sure someone will ID it.
cheers graham, its good camo, i just thought it was a bit of debris until I noticed it moving about

Great shots, the Woodlouse shot is terrific. I have tried taking a few shots of these and they always end up uninteresting with bland colours. This has spurred me on to try again.

#3 please sir can I have some more lol

Think the last may be a lacewing nymph they carry junk around on there backs to hide themselves.

Great set Carl

#5 is a lice traffic jam.

#3 please sir can I have some more lol

Think the last may be a lacewing nymph they carry junk around on there backs to hide themselves.

Great set Carl

#5 is a lice traffic jam.
lol, there were about a dozen but they all shot off, but there were a few who stayed (thankfully). I absolutely hate woodlice but since getting this close to them and seeing how "nice" they are (compared to ladybirds) I'd rather a woodlouse over a ladybird anyday lol

Back