Ladybird and Diffusers

Edit My Images
No
Here is a Ladybird on the edge of a daffodil.

And below are the diffusers im currently using. They are the domes for a GaryFong Lightsphere. I have trimmed them down slightly and mounted them using strips of plastic and velcro so that they can be lowered or raised depending on the level of diffusion i need.

As you can see in the third pic i have added a circular piece of Vellum paper to help eliminate the sometimes bright spot of the flash head and even out the light abit more before it passes through the dome.

I may cut them down further but at £40 for 2 i will wait till im sure :)

Ladybird by Abovelifesize, on Flickr

Lady by Abovelifesize, on Flickr

Diffusion Setup by Abovelifesize, on Flickr

Diffusion Setup by Abovelifesize, on Flickr

Looking at the images your posting, the diffuser's are working well - well controlled lighting showing loads of detail

Lovely lighting but looking at the difusers - don't they keep on bmoing into things, I know mine do and mine are much smaller

It looks like they have done a wonderful job! Lovely and sharp with a warm natural feel to the pictures :)

lol, cheers - I can't believe you understood that mass of typos!

Agreed about the results though.

Superb shots and a great set up! Puts my macro work to shame! (Although I've not been doing it that long really)

I've commented on some of your stuff and will add you as a contact if you don't mind?

What a great idea, and those ladybird photos are outstanding, what lens are you using? Although I hate to tell you that it appears you have a pubic hair sellotaped to one of the domes!

Back