Critique Lake District

Brave attempt at this Jackie, I know most photographers have a variation on the classic jetty shot but I personally find it's a complete pain in the arse to get just right! :facepalm:
I would recommend lowering your angle to place the posts in the sky rather than sitting on the horizon of the lake - the posts tend blend into the background from this angle (just my opinion from having had the same problem in the past)
Also, I'd even up the sides so as the jetty is central & if you shot in RAW, try to bring back the top left corner clouds as they're a bit blown.

Well done on getting the exposure so even btw, getting good detail in the posts & the background trees is not easy.

Hi Jackie, nice shot. I think I might crop it just a tad so that the landing stage was dead central in the shot and maybe loose a little of the cloud at the top. Typical Lake District clouds ;) Also see if you could maybe drop a graduated filter over the sky and see if you could pull up the blue breaks in the clouds a little.
Think I might add some sharpening and clarity to give the stage a bit of punch as it's the main subject.
Hope this helps a little
Steve

Thanks for your comments guys, He! He! Mike its ok getting down but another thing getting back up LOL, I'm grateful for both your help.
xx Jackie xx

Back